GEOSATpro microHD zero response?

Westerneagle

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Bismarck, North Dakota
I finally decided to purchase a miicroHD receiver. I placed it next to my old Traxis 3500. pulled the cable from the Traxis and atteched it to the microHD. It fails to find anything? I reconnected the Traxis (fixed dish on 95w) and it found the cctv channels fine. SI 88 and SQ 68. Clear as a bell.
Reconnect the microHD and scan, nothing. Signal is a solid grey 45? Looked through the settings, everything seems as it should be. Reconnect Traxis, good channels. I must be missing something somewhere so I downloaded Firmware from Geosatpro site extracted and saved on to a USB stick. Went through the upgrade process. It all happened as it should .....still nothing? Placed finder on to see if there was power on, Yes.
Please help with suggestions.

Thanks, Mike

He didn't give very much info. Did he even activate the particular sats he wants to receive, and blind scan them individually?

45 signal means it at least senses the lnb, but it's not getting a signal on the sat and transponder he's set to. My thought is that he has the lnb set to the wrong frequency, as the most likely problem.

Hi Guys,

I looked at the 22hz switch, setting was off. Turned it on and still nothing. Then saw the post about doing a factory reset after firmware upgrade, Presto! everything seems fine SI 90, SQ 72 on 95w. All the cctv channels look excellent. Thanks for your help.

Westerneagle,

Quoted from the stickie post by Ice: "After you do an update its best to do a factory reset after it updates. I've run into a few bugs after a software update and after it reboots then do a factory reset again. That fixes it"

It is very good advice to read all of the "stickies" even if you are not certain what the author is trying to explain initially. Somewhere down the road, it will suddenly make sense to you and that little "light" will come on and spur your memory to reflect upon what you read. You don't always have to dedicate every bit of information to perfect memory. Applying rote is sufficient enough to recall that there was an instruction available out there and recall where to go to retrieve it.

During my years in college, I once had a professor who was quite wise. He came out and informed our class of this notion:

"You will all go on in many different fields of endeavor with your training from this course. Certain fields will require certain knowledge and others will require more and some less. None of you will retain every formula or concept that I present to you here in this course. However, I am not teaching you to memorize formulas, facts nor figures. I am here to teach you a concept, the concept of learning and how to learn. If I teach you well, you will know one thing, how to find the answers on your own and where to go to find the information to support your answers. When you enter the workforce, you will be hired and promoted based upon your ability to reason, think abstractly, find the answers and find the solutions and troubleshoot the problem situations independently just as well as doing such within a team environment."

Looking back on my life career, this was the most valuable concept and training that anyone could ever instill within my mind. I don't even recall now what class this professor was instructing me in, but I remember these words of his and have applied them always because this part of his instruction has proved true, over and over again. When I needed an answer, I knew how to find it and I didn't have to memorize every single fact or formula.

RADAR

Hi Guys,

I looked at the 22hz switch, setting was off. Turned it on and still nothing. Then saw the post about doing a factory reset after firmware upgrade, Presto! everything seems fine SI 90, SQ 72 on 95w. All the cctv channels look excellent. Thanks for your help.

cool. Glad it was something simple. Also the "main" reason why you are aimed at 95 (;)) there is a basketball game tonight so you can blind scan to see if the Micro will pick it up. Should be same coordinates as the other games