GEOSATpro MicrosatHD maybe dead...

monz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 8, 2012
Repentigny, Québec
My receiver is opening just enough to see the beginning of the starting image/Geosat logo then it shut off itsel, to reopen and after the beginning of the starting image/Geosat logo... shut off angain. Repetively, over and over. It doesn't give any response from the remote (batteries verified).

I've tried everythig I could think of. Unplugged it from the wall, put an USB key with the updated files, without coaxial or HDMI cable (I could see the light turn red after few seconds).

Help!

Soory to hear of this problem!

The receiver is looping during the boot cycle due to some bad information in the User Data Base ).udf) file.

What version firmware is loaded?

If the firmware version is older than 0.13 dated 11/14/2012 as displayed in the microHD Information Menu screen, a recovery via serial TTL/USB convertor cable will be necessary.

You may recover the the microHD with a TTL/USB converter cable and a PC as outlined in this post:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/291053-First-Aid-Serial-Update-via-Internal-TTL-Header?p=2963448#post2963448
The process is quite easy and you will need a small Phillips head screw driver, TTL/USB convertor cable, a PC and less than five minutes.

After the microHD is recovered, update the current firmware via the G-19 KU satellite service or with the USB. Here is a lilnk to the current firmware as of 12/8/2012:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/299180-New-microHD-Firmware-Release-GSPMHD_0-15_12052012-Available-for-USB-and-Satellite-Update-%28OTA-SSU%29-12-05-2012

The Sticky Threads area at the top of the microHD subforum contains great information and many helpful threads.

Please contact us if you have any problems updating the receiver with a new .udf file.

Last edited:
Before it went down, I tried to uptdate via G19. Even if I had a good signal on the good transponder, it didn't worked so I pick the update file last week on the Geosat website.

I tried to buy the cable but Gotcband.com doesn't ship to Canada. I'll try to find another elsewhere.

Thanks

Wire.pngIs this it? Small board PL2303HX USB transfer TTL rs232 module upgrade module USB to serial port

monz said:
I tried to buy the cable but Gotcband.com doesn't ship to Canada. I'll try to find another elsewhere.

Thanks

PM sent. Can send to Canada. :)

That is a version off a TTL/USB without the connector. You will need to trim back plastic connector covers on the non voltage leads so it will fit the header on the microHD.

Make sure that it is the 5vcc type.

You might want to contact the seller of the recommended convertor. I am sure that it can be USPS mailed into Canada. The seller is a SatelliteGuys member, wallyhts.

He will send it to me.

Thanks a lot.

Monz, don't forget that you also have the right to send your receiver in under warranty to get this fixed. You do not have to purchase that cable and do it yourself.

However, that's your choice, shipping it back might cost as much as the cable anyway.

Personally, I bought a cable also for "just in case", I luckily have never had to use it as of yet.

Finally, wallyhts sent me the cable and I followed Brian's steps and it worked. Alleluia!

I've just bring it back to life. I hope it will hold on.

Thank you guys and happy hollydays!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts