Middle East Arabic Channels...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NitrousGT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2006
Hello, i am new to forum, i have been reading a little and want to know if someone can answer me a quick question. I live in Virginia, I want to know if its possible to pick up Arabic Channels or Middle Eastern Channels? If so, whats the basic satellite system that will provide that, or will all of the systems have access to those channels? How do i find out where the dish has to point to pick up that signal? I am not going to do the installation myself, I will have someone that install for Dish Network do the installation for me as a favor.

Thanks

You should be able to find Arabic Channels or Middle Eastern Channels on 97 West.

SatelliteGuys.US - 97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku

I would get a 90 cm Dish and a linear LNB.

We have a list of the PROUD sponsors at the top of this page that would be more then willing to assist you in selling a system that will work best for you.

Thanks for the info, i will start looking more into it. So just get a basic system, as long as the dish is pointed at 97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku i should be able to pick up plenty of arabic channels? I am looking at Sadoun site IceBurg, its recommending to get the S-1 system for $175. thats a good price for a complete unit, i can point it only to 97w. However, the next system S-2 says it will point to 101W and 97W or 97W and 93W. how can that be possible if the dish is not motorized and also what is on the 101W and 93W that can be watched?

Thanks again.

The S2 system has a monoblock which is 2 LNB's 4 degrees apart. Allows a fixed dish to get 2 satellites (like what Dish & Direct get)

93W doesn't really have anything. That satellite is having issues.
101W has some religious channels

SatelliteGuys.US - 101.0°W AMC 4 Ku

yes 97W has plenty of Arabic channels. But (and please dont be offended) but I know there are in "Arabic" language and some are Farsi. This is going off of Lyngsat

Just a quick scan of Lyngsat shows 47 TV channels in either Arabic or Farsi language.
Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W - LyngSat

scroll down and look at the right hand side for language (see pic below)
A-Arabic
FA-Farsi

You would probably know the channels better than me :)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 275
ICEBerg, thanks for making it clear. Appreciate that attachment. So really all i need is to point it to 97W to get all those arabic channels and more. Now do the dish themselves come in anything smaller than a 30inches? lol i already have dishnetwork, i think they come in 18inches, will those work. i have an extra dish network dish and an extra direct tv dish. So for the S-1, i wont need anything else? if i want to watch it in two rooms, would i have to get the two receiver system? Thanks agian for all your assistance

The 18" dishes are too small. KU Band satellites are lowered power than DBS (Dish/Direct) so you need a bigger dish. 30" is the minimum for it.

The S1 will give you everything you need (unless you need longer cable) to watch one channel at a time.

As for two rooms, you can go with it 2 different ways
-same channel on both TV's? just one receiver and a cable splitter to go to both TV's
-a different channel on 2 TV's? You would need a 2 receiver set (the S3)

hmm, that screen capture shows Windows Vista and Firefox.

While firefox is fine the money spent on Vista would have been better used on a dish,
:D

Will the 36" dish do anything better? they said it can be upgraded for $20 more. How are the motorized systems, are they that much better? can they pick up every satellite?

so the signal will come in stronger or will i get more channels?
Will these dish fit well on the roof? are they only meant to be mounted on the lawn?

signal will be stronger

The dishes come with a mount to put on roof or wall. I have 2 of my dishes mounted on the roof

so will the 36" dish make that much of a difference for pointing it to 97W. all i want are the arabic channels. or will the 31" be sufficient?

NitrousGT , if space is not an issue, and if you don't mind spending a little more. I would really recommend a 90 cm dish.

Again this is only my opinion.

so will the 36" dish make that much of a difference for pointing it to 97W. all i want are the arabic channels. or will the 31" be sufficient?

It will improve the signal quality and for any marginal signals it could be the difference between getting the channel or not. It should not be strictly necessary, but I think it is worth the extra $20.

This site has a simpler listing of FTA channels by language:
FTAList.com - Arabic Channel List

You all have been a great help. I will get the 36" dish instead of the 31" So the link below is all the channels that can be picked up if the dish is pointed to 97W? So all i have to do is tell the installer to point the dish to 97W and he will know what to do?

http://ftalist.com/arabic.htm these all the channels i can get?

how will this work with my dish network box? Do you all recommmend a motorized dish? do they get every satellite? can they also be mounted on the roof?

Status
Please reply by conversation.