Middle East Arabic Channels...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yep if you're only 20 miles from DC most antennas will work. I am 25 miles from the towers in Minnnepolis and get all just fine.

You might want to try a indoor antenna first. A while back as a joke I took the UHF antenna from my Dish 811 receiver (which is all of 4-5 inches), plugged it into the antenna in on the 811 (which has a digital tuner) and got almost all the stations in my area. They werent the strongest but it worked :)

The Visionsat IV-200 is a good SD receiver that includes a PVR function (when a USB hard drive or thumb drive is plugged in). There are others, such as the Coolsat 8100 (a HD receiver) and 7100. CNX also has the Duo. The Visionsat, however, is very popular on this forum, and gets my vote.

questions guys, is there anyway to get MBC 1,2,3,4, rotana, melody tunes, melody, lbc, lbc europe from FTA? (btw, these are arabic channels)

If its possible to get, what satellite an pick them up?

Thanks

lcb europe

Lcb Europe is not on a satellite program that is broadcast in our direction. If you check Lyngsat.com, you will find listings of satellites that are commonly viewed from your location, ranging from about 72°W to 129°W. One column of the Lyngsat charts ("Beam") will indicate in which direction the signal is headed. Lyngsat also has info on the other channels you mention.

It looks like you came to the right place -- these SatelliteGuys are a friendly bunch!

Last edited:
LBC and MBC 1,2,3,4 and the others listed above are not in the FTA satellite? What about 15 W° - Telstar 12 can we pick that up from Virginia? i read somewhere that i can pick up LBC and MBC and the others i listed above from that satellite.

how is Vista religious? ;)
lol, read some of those Vista vs. XP vs. Linux debate threads some places, some of those guys take it very seriously.

wow... only took me 2 months to notice you had asked me a question :)

alright, back to my question. lol how can i get LBC< MBC 1,2,3,4, Rotana and the others. Can the dish be pointed to other satellite and pick up those channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts