Status
Please reply by conversation.

wabbleknee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2011
FLa
Just two questions for now,
1. If I sign up for the July deal now, how do I know what receivers I will get, is it pot luck. i.e. HD DVR receiver, HD Receiver, the whole house receiver. (I choose 3 receivers for 3 tv's)
2. How do I figure the month 13 bill, cannot find that anywhere. TX

I have cable now, but it does not have NFL or the Sunday Ticket, all premium channels and pay $158 month which includes 10MB internet and unlimited telephone. Was planning to keep internet and telephone, just switch TV

Just two questions for now,
1. If I sign up for the July deal now, how do I know what receivers I will get, is it pot luck. i.e. HD DVR receiver, HD Receiver, the whole house receiver. (I choose 3 receivers for 3 tv's)
2. How do I figure the month 13 bill, cannot find that anywhere. TX

I have cable now, but it does not have NFL or the Sunday Ticket, all premium channels and pay $158 month which includes 10MB internet and unlimited telephone. Was planning to keep internet and telephone, just switch TV

1. There is no such thing as a "whole house receiver" yet. I'm not sure what you are talking about? As a new customer you will get new equipment. HR24 and H24 or H25.
2. This can be found on Directv.com. They will show you the total cost based on your programming package for the entire 2 year contract period.

I would highly suggest getting a friend with D* so you can get an additional $100 off your bill ($10 per month for one year). That is on top of all other offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely is talking about the current MRV (multi-room view). AS far as equipment; you will get whatever your local installer group has in stock and is pushing.

I called it a whole house receiver, but is listed in my cart as Whole Home DVR service. The receiver(s) are simply listed as HD DVR and HD receiver no model #'s. As was mentioned, "you will get whatever your local installer group has in stock and is pushing." as I understand that, it may be the newest receivers or refurbs or returns or??? , I finally figured out the billing, $49 due now, 68 for first 3 months, month 4-12 increases to 112.99 and month 13-24 increases to 143.96:eek:
Sorry I should have asked this question yesterday, but what is the insurance all about. If one of the receivers stop and I do not have insurance, do I have to pay for repairs or what. Tx again,

Last edited:
I called it a whole home receiver, but is listed in my cart as Whole Home DVR service. The receiver(s) are simply listed as HD DVR and HD receiver no model #'s. As was mentioned, "you will get whatever your local installer group has in stock and is pushing." as I understand that, it may be the newest receivers or refurbs or returns or??? , I finally figured out the billing, $49 due now, 68 for first 3 months, month 4-12 increases to 112.99 and month 13-24 increases to 143.96:eek:
Sorry I should have asked this question yesterday, but what is the insurance all about. If one of the receivers stop and I do not have insurance, do I have to pay for repairs or what. Tx again,

The price increases in the 4th month because you have free premiums for the 1st 3 months. You can cancel those at anytime so your bill should stay at 68 through the 12th month.

call dish store, they sometimes have an extra deal the website doesn't
tell them to put hr24, h24/25 on your ticket and to note you will refuse install if that is not the equipment
when the tech calls to schedule ask him to verify the equipment
if its wrong reschedule
when he show up, ask about equipment first before anything is done
if its not right, refuse

I called it a whole house receiver, but is listed in my cart as Whole Home DVR service. The receiver(s) are simply listed as HD DVR and HD receiver no model #'s. As was mentioned, "you will get whatever your local installer group has in stock and is pushing." as I understand that, it may be the newest receivers or refurbs or returns or??? , I finally figured out the billing, $49 due now, 68 for first 3 months, month 4-12 increases to 112.99 and month 13-24 increases to 143.96:eek:

The price is jumping because of the free 3 months of HBO, SHO, MAX, STARZ. You need to call in and cancel these at the end of 3 months to avoid being charged. That will keep your bill at the first 3 month rate for the entire first year.
If you order whole-house service, you will get new equipment in sealed box. Mastec is the installer here in FL and I have a contact with them that told me that all new MRV installs get new HR24 and/or H24/25.
The D* protection plan (insurance) is like an extended warranty with no end date. It covers everything from A-Z. Your entire installation is covered standard (without the plan) for 90 days. Your receivers are all leased, so they are always covered without the plan. You own the dish, cables, ect.. so without the plan you pay the repair bill. With the plan, they pay.

I think it very unlikely that on a new install you will get anything other than an HR24 dvr and H24 or H25 receivers.

He'll get HR24 DVRs but the others could be anything. I wound up with an H21 with a DECA, even with the whole home on the order ticket. Mine was installed 9 months ago.

As for the insurance, its value is in the eye of the account holder. Personally I am not a big believer in service plans, but given my area's propensity for severe lightning, wind, and huge hail, and the proximity of my neighbor's trees to my dish (and the fact that the power pole in my backyard has already been hit by lightning once), I took it. It covers the dish/LNB - including re-alignments, and power surge damage to the receivers. It's already paid for itself this year because I'm on my third LNB (mfr defects though, not environmental). So it's something you have to consider carefully to see whether it's worth the $6 a month. How many hurricanes do you think we'll have this year? :D :D

Last edited:
OK, I think I got a handle on it now. I remember last year or so, that you could fill out the order on line, could see the receiver model number that was added etc. It seemed to be a more detailed order form. I just wanted to get a clear picture (no pun here) of what to expect from a billing standpoint if I just let it run its course. Tx..
p.s. for all those who have been PM'ing me about a referal, I am going to tell my son to do it even though he does not know it yet ;o)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts