Mike Lowell to Yankees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't disagree with you on that salsa but I think that DJ's point was simply that the ARod soap opera isa bit much and he would prefer to think about actual baseball and not all this stuff that surrounds it nowadays.

I don't disagree with you on that salsa but I think that DJ's point was simply that the ARod soap opera isa bit much and he would prefer to think about actual baseball and not all this stuff that surrounds it nowadays.

BUT, how is that A-Rod's fault?! Does A-Rod HIRE the media to chase him around? The media in NY made MORE of an issue of his failures than his success. A-Rod had a MONSTER year...IF it weren't for Bonds breaking the Aaron record, HE would be the story of the year as far as individual success.

BUT, how is that A-Rod's fault?! Does A-Rod HIRE the media to chase him around? The media in NY made MORE of an issue of his failures than his success. A-Rod had a MONSTER year...IF it weren't for Bonds breaking the Aaron record, HE would be the story of the year as far as individual success.

Also IF the media was not constantly hounding A-Rod you would not be hearing about him except for his MONSTER year he had for them, as Salsa said they wouldnot have come close to the playoffs this year without him...
IF the media is not swarming A-Rod, George and Torre and Jeter would have had the spotlight all year, thats no better....

Personally, I hate hearing about the world perfect Yankees all year, doesn't matter who they are talking about, they are crammed down our throats every day ..... Do you guy's actually own the media ?

Jimbo

I never said it was ARod's fault nor did DJ. All I said was that th soap opera gets tiresome.

I never said it was ARod's fault nor did DJ. All I said was that th soap opera gets tiresome.

Again...that is ALL brought to light by the tabloid like media in NYC. We get alot of A-Rod stuff ONLY because he is a Miami native and still lives down here. In reality, when he does not go into "A-Rod" persona...he isn't that bad a guy. Don't get me wrong..I have PLENTY of A-Rod stories, GOOD and BAD that I have PERSONALLY experience or saw. AND, all the media outlets pick-up ANYTHING that comes from NY and sensationalizes it because their home town team has NOTHING to report or they have no home town team.

Again...that is ALL brought to light by the tabloid like media in NYC. We get alot of A-Rod stuff ONLY because he is a Miami native and still lives down here. In reality, when he does not go into "A-Rod" persona...he isn't that bad a guy. Don't get me wrong..I have PLENTY of A-Rod stories, GOOD and BAD that I have PERSONALLY experience or saw. AND, all the media outlets pick-up ANYTHING that comes from NY and sensationalizes it because their home town team has NOTHING to report or they have no home town team.

BTW, Jeter seems to think he has a home in FLA as well and now NY wants thier taxes..... but I've seen very little about it,it's now plastered all over the news... wonder why that is ???? :shocked Oh thats right, its not A-Rod it's NYC God mr Jeter.

Jimbo

One more time. we are not saying that AROD isa bad guy. We are saying that the media circus is tiresome.

Last edited:
Wll I just heard that he is staying in Boston. That sigh of relief you heard was a collective one from the red Sox nation. I am not sure we had another good option at third.

Wll I just heard that he is staying in Boston. That sigh of relief you heard was a collective one from the red Sox nation. I am not sure we had another good option at third.

Do you want me to edit the title?

Since the thread was about the possibility of him heading to NY (and includeda question mark) i don't see any need to change it . And sidekick is right maybe all the reports are wrong/

I still dont see the point in changing the title. But it is up yo you.

I still dont see the point in changing the title. But it is up yo you.

It's not up to me, you created it. I was just asking since he decided to stay, that you might want it changed. We can leave it if you want. Doesn't matter to me. :D

Cool. Sometimes the rumors don't pan out--and in this case the rumored signing did not take place. But the thread was about the possibility and there is no need to retcon it. We talked about the possibility and that was that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)