Milford, CT, Broadcast networks in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VinnySem

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Milford, CT
I am currently a Cablevision customer, thinking of making the switch to DirecTV. According to DirecTV's website, the only 3 broadcast networks I can get in HD are CBS, NBC, and FOX. How come no ABC or CW? I currently get these in HD from cable...

Because ABC is owned by LIN and they hate Directv. I have sent several letters to ABC and LIN. At least ABC sends back a canned response stating that HD costs money and they want fair market value. LIN just doesn't care. They never respond. There were rumours that they were selling ABC - if only that were true!

I live around 50 miles east of the tower and I don't want to deal with the OTA equipment.

Very annoying. I would guess it will be years before you see LIN and Directv get this resolved.

I am still mad and want to vent. I would rather they got rid of the locals and let me get ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX from NY. I don't watch the local news. I just want the shows from 8-12 at night. I never realized how much I watch on ABC. Now I don't bother. ABC loses my commercial time. I would rather watch seaweed float on water in HD on someother channel then SD ABC. What is more annoying is the consumers hands are tied. LIN says on the web that Directv is at fault and Directv says the opposite. No one wins. I work 10 miles from Lin's Providence headquarter - maybe I will go knock some heads. ;-)

How about CW? There is only one show I watch on it (Smallville), so no big deal, just wondering why they don't offer HD on DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)