Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I have heard about this dish , and , can't seem to find out enough info . Size ? Availability ? Is anyone having luck with channels ? Basically is it worth getting into ? A full or even a 6' bud is , sadly , not an option . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks in advance . [ If this is posted and I have missed it please point . ]

Some people have had luck with a few stronger transponders using a 4 foot dish and C-Band LNB. I'm sure "minibud" in a search will yield some results

The key thing is LOCATION is key. The people who have the best results are mainly in the middle part of the US. When I tried it here in Minnesota results werent so good. The uber strong DVB signals worked pretty well but that was many years ago before DVB-S2

Much appreciated . I am in northern Ont. Which puts me a little farther north than you . I am always on the lookout for new stuff . Thanks again .

You could ask me also I am currently using one now mini bud, multi lnb setup. Got some pics for you too if interested. You can only get strong stuff on c band currently up to 14 c band satellites I have received. I would like to pick up more if I can. 99w is one I have parked on to get channels off of there. But if you own your own home with no restrictions go for the 10 footer. If you live in an apartment complex from hell like I do, HOA, trailer park, or any place where you can't have a big dish then this will get you by. If you have any questions I can help you out much as I can.

This thread got me thinking so I found an old video, "the magnificent seven, minibud testing group" staring chapelrun, AcWxRadar, eber, I-and-I, Walrus1957, 1ADAM12 and Bill of Oz with shots of their minibuds. I can shoot Walrus1957 an email and ask if he'd consider uploading it to Youtube.

Last edited:
This thread got me thinking so I found an old video, "the magnificent seven, minibud testing group" staring chapelrun, AcWxRadar, eber, I-and-I, Walrus1957, 1ADAM12 and Bill of Oz with shots of their minibuds. I can shoot Walrus1957 an email and ask if he'd consider uploading it to Youtube.

hehehe.....that is me :)

i have not used that name in YEARS,

i have that CD somewhere, maybe i will take a look for it on the weekend :)

Sounds like it may be worthwhile to look farther into. larger than 4 ft. is not an option . I guess first the dish , then the LNB then .......who knows ? Thanks for all the input . Also Dan , what state are you in ? My location may complicate the issue .

Been a while. Should I email you the copy I have?

Sounds like it may be worthwhile to look farther into. larger than 4 ft. is not an option . I guess first the dish , then the LNB then .......who knows ? Thanks for all the input . Also Dan , what state are you in ? My location may complicate the issue .

I live in NE Indiana north of Fort Wayne I live in apartment complex that hates satellite dishes. One day I will get my own home I will go crazy with satellite dishes.

Hi everyone, I live in Toronto Canada and am thinking about putting a 6ft c band dish on top of my shed!! I am reading that if I scan in channels from 89W lets say because the dish is a small version of the BUD I might have a problem with other close sats with strong transponders?? Is this true that some sats could overlap?? If so which would be my best sat to scan?? Regards. :coco:coco:cocoStill got snow on ground!!!!!:coco:coco:coco

Hi everyone, I live in Toronto Canada and am thinking about putting a 6ft c band dish on top of my shed!! I am reading that if I scan in channels from 89W lets say because the dish is a small version of the BUD I might have a problem with other close sats with strong transponders?? Is this true that some sats could overlap?? If so which would be my best sat to scan?? Regards. :coco:coco:cocoStill got snow on ground!!!!!:coco:coco:coco

I have 3 6ft dishes setup currently. They work quite well in most cases. Only one of them experiences periodic outages pointed at 101W in particular on the 3973V- 5923 TP due to adjacent interference, mainly on Saturdays where as my 10ft dish is unaffected.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)