Mini guide problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BLBarker

Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
Mississippi
I'm calling it the mini guide not sure what it's called. It's the one line/row guide that pops up when you press the enter button. It usually has just one line but now it has 2 lines of info showing 2 channels info at once. I'm not seeing/watching 2 channels at once. This is not a PIP thing. Sorry have to say that. I have spoken with directv 3 times to no avail. Completely clueless. I have reset it several times, debugged it with cleanbybox, and tried a number of random buttons to no avail. Any help here would be awesome. I know it has to be some type of combo of buttons that got us into this mess and so combo that wil fix it.

Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys BLBarker!

It's part of the newest software. There have been numerous versions over the last few months. Hopefully this is one of the things they fix.

It would be great my tv in my bedroom is a lot smaller which means it just makes it more intrusive on the tv. But from what I'm hearing it's not something I did it's just a new thing they are trying out..?

It would be great my tv in my bedroom is a lot smaller which means it just makes it more intrusive on the tv. But from what I'm hearing it's not something I did it's just a new thing they are trying out..?
Yes, just expanding what they already had.
Don't know if it stays or not, but it may.

I've been asking for 2 or 3 line mini guide for the last 8 years now. So glad to finally have it. Whats more intrustive is bringing up the full guide. There's some instances where you just want the current program full screen but you want to quick browse around the guide without shoving the show up in the corner.

Many cable providers that use i-Guide had a 2 line mini guide since the early 2000's. In 2008 they added a user selectable option 2 or 3 lines. I opted for 3 lines back then.

Thats the thing with this DirecTV guide. I just don't understand why they can't put a few options in the display settings for people. Mini Guide - 1, 2, or 3 lines. Font size: Small, normal, large. Channel logos : off on. Guide background color: black, dark grey. Guide timeline: Blue, grey, white, off, etc... I mean really what good is smooth scrolling as an option. Then they have a boatload of fonts for closed captioning. They can really have those options but not the others?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)