AMIKO Mini HD Streaming

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
Big2small server is on. I get the following message on my tablet when running the Amiko streaming app:
Please scan program in STB. After done scan, please update to refresh channel list.

How do I fix this?

One of my tablets does the same thing. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
If you have two or more networks in your house make sure the Mini is connected to the same network.
Make sure your receiver is in a menu screen where TV is not playing in the background. You can not watch TV and tablet at the same time.(Hint: Coming in next update. ;) )
Try Hard resetting your Tablet.
If you don't get the Big2Small App to work try the Amiko Steamer App.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amikostb.alistream

Also note if you have lots of channels scanned in it will not work either, this is a bug.
To test this stick a USB Flash Drive in your receiver and make a back-up of your channels, then reset your receiver to defaults and only scan in one sat that only has a few channels.
Try again if it works this time you know that is what is was.
I would only try this as a last resort.

One of my tablets does the same thing. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
If you have two or more networks in your house make sure the Mini is connected to the same network.
Make sure your receiver is in a menu screen where TV is not playing in the background. You can not watch TV and tablet at the same time.(Hint: Coming in next update. ;) )
Try Hard resetting your Tablet.
If you don't get the Big2Small App to work try the Amiko Steamer App.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amikostb.alistream

Instead of using slightly older tablet, I tried my new phone. No luck. I am using the Amiko Streamer app in both cases.

The only way I can get a phone to work is if you I put it in airplane mode and then just enable WiFi, and that don't always work. I have never had good results with two different phones.

Also note if you have lots of channels scanned in it will not work either, this is a bug.
To test this stick a USB Flash Drive in your receiver and make a back-up of your channels, then reset your receiver to defaults and only scan in one sat that only has a few channels.
Try again if it works this time you know that is what is was.
I would only try this as a last resort.

I have 97W scanned in. I will delete some channels and try the Amiko app next.

Success! The Big2small App works, just not the Amiko App.
I assumed Big2Small is what you were using, that is why I suggested the Amiko Steamer.
I don't know why exactly, but I know sometimes I get one app to work, when the other won't...depending on what device I am using.

Glad to hear you got it working!!

OK, I have deleted lots of 97W channels and now the Amiko app works now!

Thanks Guys!
:clapping