AMIKO Eurotrash v0.3 BETA (Google Play Fix)

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
From FridgeFTA:
If you don't know what Eurotrash is, read the notes for v.0.2 here: http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthr...?tid=35932

It would appear that the engineers and/or Europe had problems with their Google Play again because it looks like they effectively broke it in .68/.69. I did not realize this right away as it takes time for Play Store to query your existing devices and reassign permissions. .68/.69 can't get most of the Apps from Play Store.

Eurotrash v0.3 BETA will fix this on North American A3's without causing the issues they've had with EU versions. It is the same as Eurotrash v0.2 in that it cleans up unneeded European stuff from your A3 so it is more stable and runs faster.

As I mentioned, Play takes awhile to re-query existing Android devices. After you run Eurotrash v0.3 (follow instructions in link above) do the following:

Go to system tab then use arrow keys (not airmouse) to select “Google Settings” App. Press MENU key with this highlighted and options come up. Clear data and cache. Do the same for Google Play on the App tab then reboot your A3. You should now have full Google Play access like in NA ROMs.

If the above doesn't force Play to re-query right away and give full App access, no worries. It should re-query and "fix" itself on its own, usually within 24 hours.

In the future if you install Eurotrash v0.3 or higher right after installing a Europe ROM this issue will not occur again and you won't need to clear the settings/Play App data.

http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=35955#axzz3PsDR6H3j

Reactions: Titanium
I did this, this morning and it took it a couple of hours for the Play store to query my A3, but now my Play store is working properly again.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)