MiniBUD (1.2m) - Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only thing is those GDMX feeds on 99W (3820 V 26000) are 4:2:2 so you need a PC card or an azbox to watch them
Regular receivers show a green or tearing screen

There are some there that are frequently ITC. Good Luck.
:)
[edit] Sound to me like you're dish is not motorized. That will allow you to "dial in" the signal better than I can with my motorized dish. A definite PLUS in many cases.
One of the 1.2M is motorized with KU LNBf, while the other one is not.

srinath,
My mini-bud setup is almost identical to yours. 1.2m Fortec Star, BSC-621-2 LNBF, conical scalar. I'd say I get just about 15 C-band channels throughout the arc. Right now, I'm trying to create the homemade scalar that walrus and 1ADAM12 have discussed. I'm seriously considering getting a DMX741 LNBF for the increased gain and lower noise temp.

P.S. Iceberg: ...so that's where HD Clear went!

srinath,
My mini-bud setup is almost identical to yours. 1.2m Fortec Star, BSC-621-2 LNBF, conical scalar. I'd say I get just about 15 C-band channels throughout the arc. Right now, I'm trying to create the homemade scalar that walrus and 1ADAM12 have discussed. I'm seriously considering getting a DMX741 LNBF for the increased gain and lower noise temp.

P.S. Iceberg: ...so that's where HD Clear went!

I just pointed my dish to 99W and can get 6 channels on TP 3820 and more 3 on tp 4000. As Iceberg said, all GDMX channels are 'green', but with sound.

What are the programming on those 6 channels ?

I got some weak signal on other TPs, but the receiver can't lock.

After reading some reviews I decided to order a DMX241, which has the same specs as DMX741, but it's a C-Band only. Hope it's worth ...

I will try to install 3 LNBs: 1 Ku in the center and 2 C-band (1 circular, 1 Linear).

Another 2 things that I will also try are the home made scalar and plastic bottle bottom ...

they're up 24/7

They have advanced showings of the syndicated shows. They show these at weird times so the affiliates can grab the feed and put their commercials in them
Examples are the judge shows, Maury, Steve Wilkos, Springer, those "newsmagazine" shows

I like seeing Maury at 1:00 and TMZ at 7:00 (TMZ here in Minneapolis is on at 10:35 after the 10"00 news)

In a lot of cases you'll have color bars/test tone with what is coming up next

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts