AZBOX miniMe American Edition channel editor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
We have just created a customized version of DSEdit for the AzBox miniMe American Edition which allows you to fully edit and easily manage your receiver's channels from the convenience of your PC. It works best when both your receiver and computer are connected to your network as it allows channels to be edited on the fly without having to use a USB flash drive or rebooting your STB after each change.

DSEdit_6.jpg

It's very simple to get started as you simply have to specify your receiver's IP address under the Box IP field as indicated by the red arrow. No other fields have to be modified as this has already been done for you with our customized editor. To save your STB IP address as the new default, you would then click on Save Configuration and OK.

DSEdit_7.jpg

Transferring your current channel list is easy now that both your STB and computer are connected on the same network. Simply select Transfer from the toolbar and then the Read button to transfer channel and satellite information from your miniMe American Edition directly in the editor. You should see a message appear on your TV screen for a few seconds during the transfer process.

DSEdit_1.jpg

The organize lists tab allows you to easily view and modify channels from a specific satellite. You may also organize your channels into custom favorite lists simply by drag and dropping each channel to the desired list on the right hand side of the screen.

DSEdit_2.jpg

The edit settings tab allows you to easily view channels on a specific transponder. Current PID information for all channels can be viewed or modified on the fly. You may also add, edit or delete transponders over here as well.

DSEdit_3.jpg

The search tab allows you to easily search for specific channels by keyword.

DSEdit_4.jpg

The statistics tab allows you to view how many TV, radio, FTA or encrypted channels you have scanned on each satellite.

DSEdit_5.jpg

The transfer button on the toolbar allows you to easily transfer your channel list back to your network connected miniMe American Edition once all desired modifications have been made. Changes take effect immediately without having to reboot your STB. You should see a message appear on your TV screen for a few seconds during the transfer process and your channel list will be automatically reloaded by default in order to instantly view your changes.

You may download DSEdit for AzBox miniMe American Edition from the support section of azbox.ca or azbox.us

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
Dear PwrSurge;
I downloaded the DSEdit software and have used it once. It took me a little work to figure out the IP Address for my miniME, but I was successful. I downloaded my channel list and edited some of the channel names. This was quick and easy - GREAT!!!
Only 2 comments...
1. Since your instructions said that changes take effect immediately without having to reboot, I checked the box where it says "After write settings, do not send reload/reboot command". The program did the transfering files, but not the reload settings steps shown in your instructions. Then I notice that you did not check the box. OOPS! The miniMe did not show the edited changes, but they did come up after a reboot. So that is good.
2. I looked at the PIDs that show in the program. They do not resemble "normal" PID settings, are they written in Decimal notation, or otherwise?
I am learning to use my miniMe and liking it very much as I get used to operating it.
Thanks for your efforts in supporting it.
Migold

The caption in the software is actually a bit misleading in regards to the miniMe American edition. The DSEdit software supports various receivers and some of them do require a reboot anytime the channel list is edited with an external editor. However, as we customized the DSEdit software for the miniMe American edition, only the reload and not the reboot command will be sent out after you transfer your channel list back even if this option is not selected.

Under normal usage, there is no need to check this option and your changes should take effect immediately after the transfer is completed without having to do anything else. If you select this option however, you will have to either reload your channel list manually (i.e. MENU -> Channels -> Reload channel lists) or reboot the receiver as you did in order to see your changes.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)