Minimum package necessary

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
I've got to have the MLB Extra Innings package, but really don't want much else of what Direct TV has. What is a minimum package I can get that will get me the MLB Extra Innings package and the minimum other channels.

I am a Red Sox fan. Are all of the NESN games in HD or should I just get the SD receiver. There has to be a reasonable way to do this. Should I buy the eguipment rather than lease it to avoid a commitment, and how many dishes will I need?

Generally Family Pack ($30/mo) is the lowest you can get. Add HD access for $10 if you want HD.

One issue, Family does not include your local RSN, so you would not get games on the regional sports network, only out of market games.

You could buy a used dish and basic SD receiver for $100 or so, install yourself, and go month-to-month with no contract. You still would be looking at $30 base package plus MLB-EI.

Why not just switch providers totally?

I still have a year on my commitment to DISH, and unless I am mistaken I can't get locals or any other networks with Direct TV. Maybe in a year I would do the reversal and switch to Direct as my major provider and use DISH for networks and a minimum package, but for now I need to keep dish. No chance of over the air where I am, nor cable.

Cause my wife said "you shouldn't put your zip on the net" and I always obey.
OK :confused: She realizes that many can determine the location of posters based on their IP address? Also, out of the thousands that live in a particular zip, I think your identity is pretty safe.

I have bothe Dish and Direct. Direct is only for the MLBEI package. I have the Family package, HD access and Superfan. I don't live where my service is and can pick up the local stations. The funny thing is I pick up one station in HD but not the others. It is always searching for the signal. Luckily, the one HD station is the anchor station for the Dodgers, which my wife loves. Over 500 miles away and I can pick up that one station in HD! I guess it is on Conus and not Spotbeam.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)