Missing 4 weeks of ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkmaldonado

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
:mad: My install was for today from 8-12. After clearing all of the crap around all my TV's and pulling them from the wall as well as clear the area in basement where all of the cable distribution is located, I get a call from Halstead Comm. (the installer) around 11 am to say that my install has to be rescheduled due to an emergency. I asked what emergency? The dispatch lady says she cannot disclose that. She then says that the next install date available is for Oct. 4th. Today's install date is already 3 weeks from the time that I ordered originally and now I have to wait 3 more weeks. I only wanted D* because of the Sunday Ticket and now I will miss the first month of the season. I called up D* and all they would due for me is give me $10 off for 6 months. I relayed to them how upset I was and that I am paying for the ST and being cheated out of 4 weeks of games. That is 25% of the season! Has any gotten an other discounts or forced them to do a earlier than scheduled install for blowing an install date? Is there any one to email other than the D* website email to complain to?

:mad: My install was for today from 8-12. After clearing all of the crap around all my TV's and pulling them from the wall as well as clear the area in basement where all of the cable distribution is located, I get a call from Halstead Comm. (the installer) around 11 am to say that my install has to be rescheduled due to an emergency. I asked what emergency? The dispatch lady says she cannot disclose that. She then says that the next install date available is for Oct. 4th. Today's install date is already 3 weeks from the time that I ordered originally and now I have to wait 3 more weeks. I only wanted D* because of the Sunday Ticket and now I will miss the first month of the season. I called up D* and all they would due for me is give me $10 off for 6 months. I relayed to them how upset I was and that I am paying for the ST and being cheated out of 4 weeks of games. That is 25% of the season! Has any gotten an other discounts or forced them to do a earlier than scheduled install for blowing an install date? Is there any one to email other than the D* website email to complain to?

Call back tomorrow and let them know whats up again, you may be pleasantly surprised, they may be able to get you in sooner, let them know that you can also be available on the weekends if nessasary, have them call your local installers and ask to speak with them, often they can get you in quicker, also ask to be placed on their Cancellation list, if someone cancels they will call you.

Jimbo

Thanks for the support. $10 off for 12 months would be more of an offer of good will.

FWIW-You might also do as I did, check for a local home theater or Sat retailer in your area, I could not wait for D* either but a local Sat shop did a great install much quicker for me, YMMV.

Can you suggest a local installer to D* so I can keep my AAA discount?

I am in the same situation. I was promised a install date of September 19 when I ordered D* to begin with. Then it was changed to September 23 and they didn't even notify me. I just happen to login to my D* account and noticed it. So, I called up and just canceled the whole order. I had to go up town and by the time I got back I had two or three calls from them. They called again and asked why I canceled and I told them. I told her I was going to call Dish Network and see what they had to offer. I was promptly offered NFL Sunday Ticket Super Fan for free this year. I then told her I thought it was odd that ESPNU was in the sports pack so she also gave me that for free. So, if they ever come out to install it I should have alot of tv to watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.