Missing channels in Hispasat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MHeat

Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
I have a sonicview 8000 HD aimed at Hispasat, i was missing a lot of channels when i did the blindscan, the ones i got have a pretty good signal, high eighties with the same quality, in order to get more channels detected by the blindscan, i had to do a detailed scan, that way the receiver picked up more channels, now my frustration comes from the fact that i am still missing some channels, like Telecaribe, solotango, boca tv, cooperativa, i do not understand why, a friend came by the other day and tried his fortec receiver and that one downloaded all those channels that i am missing, so what could be the problem? i am about to go crazy, tried a transponder scan with the settings from lyngsat and it finishes it without finding any new channels, can somebody please shed some light into this.
thanks.

Have you tried manually inputting the frequency - Polarity - and Symbol Rate ?

It could also be a problem with low symbol rates , I have a Relook 400S that did the same thing , other channels that were missing were a bunch of Islamic channels.

It could be due to a software issue ? Especially when 3rd party stuff is involved , is your latest software original from factory ?

no jaylem, even thoug i am not using to steal any decrypted channels, just getting the channels from Hispasat, but i flashed it back to the factory bin and i get the same results, yes i did tried to input the symbol rate, frequency and all that stuff, same results, i am pretty sure it is a receiver issue, still i get like 42 channels, but i am missing those, his crappy fortec downloaded everything, told me he thinks those fortec receivers are the best for hispasat, well dont know what else to do. thanks for the reply.
he told me i could try to use a channel list he got for another sonicview model, dont know if that is a good idea, just dont know what else to do.

I was just suggesting the problem could be related to 3rd party software, and I too had the same problem with a more expensive receiver that for some reason as with your receiver did not pick up low symbol rates.

I still haven't tried changing the software in my receiver in case that is what it is , and I remedied the problem with a cheapie $50 dollar receiver.

Fortec receivers are great , they don't miss channels either when you perform a blindscan.

Can you confirm that your receiver picks up the following channels.

MTA
PRESS TV
TV MARTI
CANARIAS INTL
ALL CUBA CHANNELS
ALL SPAIN CHANNELS - ITC

All of these channels have a symbol rate of 27500

Channels that also had problems in my receiver were those channels that had PAL Video , which basically was most of the Islamic channels on Hispasat

well i do get those channels, right from the top of my head i can tell you i get all the spanish channels, the cuban channels, the one from canaria i also get it, tv marti, the only ones i am missing are the ones previously mentioned, on second thought if it was a 3rd party software issue, it should have been solved when i reflashed the receiver to its original factory bin, same thing, got the same channels, it hurts when i think about my fortect ultra that i used to have, let it ruin in the backyard cause i thought i didnt need it anymore, lol.
ps: i get all the islamic channels, a bunch of them, also the religious ones from brasil, yesterday i did a blind scan and it picked up two more, called hispas-48 and hispas-46 (something like that, do not remember now) but ther is no signal, everything is black, i dont think there is even a singnal in those transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.