Missing EPG data for OTA channel

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
How do I contact Dish to resolve missing guide data for a local OTA channel. I did post this on a Dish support forum a month ago but never heard back from anyone.

The data used to be there a month or two ago. I did find the channel info on a 6xxx satellite channel which means Dish does have the data. But it would be nice if they copied it to the OTA channel so I could use that tuner.

I was going to contact a DIRT member but I don't see a lot of activity from them on the forum. Are they still active? If so, how do I PM them? I didn't see that option when I clicked on some of their names from a couple years ago.

Reactions: pattykay
Try posting the channel you are looking for information on. Not all OTA's have guide information if others are getting information you have a chance if DISH isn't supporting that channel you need to set manual timers.

Is it a main channel (ABC, NBC, etc.) or one of the sub-channels (MeTV, LAFF, etc.)? The sub-channels are pretty hit or miss on guide data and vary widely per DMA.

I was going to contact a DIRT member but I don't see a lot of activity from them on the forum. Are they still active? If so, how do I PM them? I didn't see that option when I clicked on some of their names from a couple years ago.

Look on the main forum screen under "Staff Online Now" and you can see which ones are online at the moment, and you should be able to "Start a Conversation" with them that way.

Reactions: Mike88
as others have said of this is a subchannel it is unlikely it will be added. it is frustrating but it is the case.

Reactions: TheKrell
Get a TiVo Roamio OTA, they have guide data for all the sub channels. Also, you get commercial skip on all the networks within minutes after a show is recorded.

What about my 2 PBS channel EPG data that was lost when the repack took place January 8 ? How about the CW channel EPG data that disappeared this weekend ? Both PBS .2 channels have data not .1's . CBS .1.2.3.4 all data available. Lots of DIGITAL SERVICE data , and I'm tired of setting manual timers.
Don't have DISH HD locals because of a supposed LOS situation. Think I will call DISH and have it rechecked . Have a 722k supplying 10 tvs and don't want an H3 and I hate to lose use of my 2 OTA tuners. Will the DISH HD locals cause my OTA local EPG to properly populate?

What about my 2 PBS channel EPG data that was lost when the repack took place January 8 ? How about the CW channel EPG data that disappeared this weekend ? Both PBS .2 channels have data not .1's . CBS .1.2.3.4 all data available. Lots of DIGITAL SERVICE data , and I'm tired of setting manual timers.
Don't have DISH HD locals because of a supposed LOS situation. Think I will call DISH and have it rechecked . Have a 722k supplying 10 tvs and don't want an H3 and I hate to lose use of my 2 OTA tuners. Will the DISH HD locals cause my OTA local EPG to properly populate?
Get a TIVO , 722 is virtually obsolete. Probably in the next 12mo. you will be forced to upgrade to Hopper.

It's OTA channel 26.3 MeTV. It's had guide data for several years but stopped displaying it a month or two ago. Yet 26.1, 26.2, 26.4 & 26.5 all have data & have had it for years.

I happened to find MeTV on satellite channel 8505 and the guide data is correct. Therefore Dish does have the data. Why suddenly stop supplying it on OTA 26.3? Especially since they still include the data for all the other 26.x subchannels.

I happened to find MeTV on satellite channel 8505 and the guide data is correct. Therefore Dish does have the data. Why suddenly stop supplying it on OTA 26.3? Especially since they still include the data for all the other 26.x subchannels.

This is a mapdown error. I think you have a small hope that your missing guide data may get fixed one day.
Get a TIVO , 722 is virtually obsolete. Probably in the next 12mo. you will be forced to upgrade to Hopper.

My 722 obsolete in a year? :eek: When they pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)