missing HD channels on 103 sat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i pay for the service so i really dont think im doing anything wrong...at least im not hacking other systems like alot of other are? thanks anyways folks for yourhelp, im moving to the states in a month so i guess i'll call for help when needed

When you were setting up your HD receiver, did you notice a message indicating whether or not "B-Band Filters" are required with your receiver? If your receiver does not have the B-Band Filters installed internal, then you must install external filters to be able to allow the HD signals to come through. Without the filters, you won't see the HD channels. Therefore, it may have nothing to do with dish allignment at all.

i pay for the service so i really dont think im doing anything wrong...at least im not hacking other systems like alot of other are? thanks anyways folks for yourhelp, im moving to the states in a month so i guess i'll call for help when needed

I have no big problem with the way you get your tv, I have a problem with the way you have dealt with us.

I have no big problem with the way you get your tv, I have a problem with the way you have dealt with us.
I agree. Ignoring terms of service and legality issues, the problem the OP is having is almost certainly nothing to do with the equipment or the alignment, it's entirely related to the fact he is not in the U.S. and so is not in the footprint of the 99/103 satellites. If he had said that up front, the response would have been easy.

i thought i was being very nice about everything until i received some not so called for remarks from some of you guys...listen im a systems engineer with the largest IT firm in north america and if someone i know or even someone i dont know needs help, i do the right thing and help the person out...but im finding it very difficult to get help here all because i live in canada, i appologize if i violated the tos but i actually didnt think i was breaking any real laws...dtv is getting paid for the service and that is good enough for me. i was just looking for some advice and not wanting to be bitch slapped for having dtv where i live, i still am an american citizen just living here in the north for another year.

i thought i was being very nice about everything until i received some not so called for remarks from some of you guys...listen im a systems engineer with the largest IT firm in north america and if someone i know or even someone i dont know needs help, i do the right thing and help the person out...but im finding it very difficult to get help here all because i live in canada, i appologize if i violated the tos but i actually didnt think i was breaking any real laws...dtv is getting paid for the service and that is good enough for me. i was just looking for some advice and not wanting to be bitch slapped for having dtv where i live, i still am an american citizen just living here in the north for another year.

Just for future reference then, it is illegal for you to receive DirecTV or DishTV in Canada.

Canadian Supreme Court Upholds Satellite TV Decoding Law | Communications Today | Find Articles at BNET
Canada bans decoding of US satellite TV signals | OUT-LAW.COM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)