Missing HD Channels on Dish. (Bluegras, this is for you)

I want bluegras to write a list of all the HD channels he/she wants so I can see how many years it takes me to read it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While not necessarily in the scope of your list, I think it is worth pointing out that within the Spanish language channels ESPN Deportes and Fox Deportes have a HD feed not currently offered by Dishnetwork.
I updated the list. If you know of any other Dish Latino channels that have HD feeds let me know.

While at first I thought those two were the only channels missing, I did a bit more looking and it appears that Teleformula, Pasiones, and FOROtv have HD feeds.

Okay. :) Just a reminder, the first post is NOT a wish list. It was intended to be a list of AT package channels that dish currently doesn't carry in HD.
Tony, I've got ask, why limit it to AT Packages? If Dish carries an international channel in SD when HD is also available, why not include it? (Same for Dish Latino packages channels that fit the criteria) Especially since the internationals are on a dedicated bird, so adding them in HD won't impact the bandwidth available for national HD channels.

Actually the list is smaller than I would have thought, but of course all the RSNs are still part time HD.

It would be nice if Dish were to get around (i.e. getting the capacity up like a WA conversion to 8PSK) to automatically having the HD version of every network they carried.

I think TV Land HD will become more requested this year because of the new original programming they have now.

If anything, people are becoming OUTRAGED how the commercials are being treated with the utmost disrespect. Shown in SD and the network has the NERVE to interrupt a 10 minute commercial break with 2 minutes of programming.

I know this isnt the wish list HD thread, but after the "Disney Family" of channels, I would probably give TVLand more of a shot with there original programming if it was in HD
I finally got rid of DTV and got dish, and I was very irritated that TVLand was not in HD as it is on DTV. I hate watching TV through small boxes. It seems to me that HD channels are chose through popularity. I know a lot of ppl don't like the older shows, but us older ppl do. It's like, come on Dish, it's 2023!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I finally got rid of DTV and got dish, and I was very irritated that TVLand was not in HD as it is on DTV. I hate watching TV through small boxes. It seems to me that HD channels are chose through popularity. I know a lot of ppl don't like the older shows, but us older ppl do. It's like, come on Dish, it's 2023!
I hear you with this. The way I get around it is that the Dish Anywhere app has many channels in HD that aren't in HD on satellite. The channel name of TVLAND in the Dish Anywhere App is TVLANDHD. Pretty much every channel that is available on the Dish Anywhere app, if not every channel, in HD. What I will do is for a couple of channels I will load the Dish Anywhere app on my phone and play it on my TV. Not ideal as I feel like if they have all the channels in HD on the app that they should be in HD on satellite.

Welcome to the club Katie63.

If she is interested in Zippyfrog's suggestion I have a related question. (I don't mean to hijack the thread here.)

When you run Dishanywhere app (I have it on my Fire stick) on phone

1-Do you stream it from Internet meaning you need unlimited data?
2-Do you (wirelessly) mirror it to tv or use a cable to tv's hdmi or usb port?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Welcome to the club Katie63.

If she is interested in Zippyfrog's suggestion I have a related question. (I don't mean to hijack the thread here.)

When you run Dishanywhere app (I have it on my Fire stick) on phone

1-Do you stream it from Internet meaning you need unlimited data?
2-Do you (wirelessly) mirror it to tv or use a cable to tv's hdmi or usb port?
1) Correct - I have T-Mobile home internet with no data cap
2) I have an iPhone and I mirror it to the TV wirelessly

Reactions: charlesrshell
Doesn't TVLand show mostly SD programming? You know you can resize the picture in the settings for SD channels, right?

Another suggestion is TVLand is usually in HD on your local stations. If you have an antenna and get your locals from it you get TVLand in HD as well as all the other sub channels they offer.

I don't think TVLand is on OTA stations, not in the U.S. anyway. TVLandish like channels like Antenna TV, Decades, and others are.
You can also watch without an app online at their site by using the DISH credentials.

I checked my locals with OTA to be sure. I get them from Lexington , KY.. No tv land. MeTV is there and it is cropped. As our guru Hipkat suggests you can use tv settings to stretch it.
My 9 year old Vizio‘s Settings show option “Wide”. When I select that I see 4 choices : wide, zoom, normal and stretch. “Wide” does nothing. Normal is the default with croppped ( black) vertical columns. “Zoom” seemed fuzzy to my eyes. “ Stretch“ worked fine. Entire screen.

Zippyfrog;
I imagine your tv has the capability to mirror from phone. How do you accomplish that? I heard Roku device allows you to do something similar from pc. I am totally clueless about this.