Missing HD from Anchorage AK, NBC

redsalmon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Soldotna AK
Perhaps the Dish Network Team can answer this. The local channel 2, KTUU from Ancorage has been in HD for quite awhile now but is now back to SD. This channel is 5608 on 119, spot A25. High Def programs show up as picture framed, black bars top, bottom and both sides. Thanks for your help.

According to "The List", DISH doesn't carry that station in HD but they're suppose to carry the FOX station there soon (it's under not available)
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Anchorage, AK

According to the dishchannelchart on the top of this page, if you go to 119 sat under subscription it list the following.

KTUU

Anchorage, AK - NBC

MPEG4 HD

119°W

8PSK (2/3)

Spotbeam A25

Available

We've had this channel for a couple of years and NOW has turned to SD.

Perhaps the Dish Network Team can answer this. The local channel 2, KTUU from Ancorage has been in HD for quite awhile now but is now back to SD. This channel is 5608 on 119, spot A25. High Def programs show up as picture framed, black bars top, bottom and both sides. Thanks for your help.
I have done some research on this channel. Channel 5608 Anchorage NBC-KTUU HD Orbital 129 Transponder 4, & Anchorage NBC-KTUU Orbital 119 Transponder 1 is what we show here at Dish Network. 119 Satellite shows SD only. I hope this helps but HD feed comes from 129 satellite.

redsalmon, sounds like maybe the HD version moved to the 129 SAT? The channel chart certainly shows that at least at one time it was reversed from what MaryB stated.

The HD was on 129 originally. When I press info twice on chan 5608 for info it shows 119 as the satellite and the HD logo is behind the 119 so it seems like 119 does have the HD channel. I believe it moved to 119 when the new sat went to 119. The HD channel is showing SD only. Not picture framed like it was. Only black bars on the sides.

I have done some research on this channel. Channel 5608 Anchorage NBC-KTUU HD Orbital 129 Transponder 4, & Anchorage NBC-KTUU Orbital 119 Transponder 1 is what we show here at Dish Network. 119 Satellite shows SD only. I hope this helps but HD feed comes from 129 satellite.

Mary
It is on 119 as the OP noted. I know you have info at Dish but honestly that is probably not up to date. The thread where the rep kept telling the customer MSG & MSG+ were available when they havent been uplinked for a while now.
When it comes to channel slot info/availability thelist is the most up to date info. When Dish makes **any** change there is an update to thelist. Something as minor as when those interactive channels change names they show up.

Here is the link
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Subscription List

You can search by satellite or even local market.

Proof Anchorage HD is on 119
62394d1299953222-missing-hd-anchorage-ak-nbc-untitled-jpgg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 242
Running an online email validation test says their server will accept emails for that address but that doesn't prove anyone will see it!

they do read the e-mails and have commented when its been fixed. Used that a couple times when I had Dish and they fixed it within a couple days

Thanks Ice. I used it a couple of years ago but couldn't remember if it was correct. They answered my e-mail and corrected the transponder problem then and I'm going to try them again.

I just received an email from Lance Hankins at KTUU:

What you're seeing right now is upconverted SD. We are in the middle of an upgrade project on our Master Control facility which required us to operate the station from a temporary system for about 2 weeks while we remove older SD equipment and replace it with new HD gear then rewire those parts of the plant. We anticipate finishing the project next weekend and those programs that were in true HD will return as before. In addition we will be able to start adding additional HD versions of the other shows we air as well as provide our advertising clients with the capability to do HD commercials. That will happen over the next month or so. Our next goal will be to convert our local newscasts to HD.
Please bear with us during this change. You'll get it all back and more very soon...
Lance

I received a reply from Dish stating that it was channel 2's problem and it would be about a week or so. No details were provided. The CBS problem was corrected by Dish. Dishquality does work for problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)