Missing HISTORY button on DVR page

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
There used to be a button "History" that you could press from the main DVR page, and it would show you what shows have been deleted from your hard drive and the reason why.
In particular I used it to see what programs had been deleted because the disk was full and I could go out and find them.
It also listed ALL programs that had been deleted. It was not limited to the last week or so.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to find this. Apparently it got moved or completely removed when they added the GROUP button on the DVR page.

I have been gone for 3 weeks only to come home and find some programs gone due to overflow and no way to now figure out what they were. I knew this would happen but before I left I knew I could find them.

Is this only on 622's with this new software update?

Do those of you with 211's and 942's still have this button on your DVR page?

I don't ever recall what you outlined on the 622. It is part of the Daily Schedule screen (push dvr button one more time) then scroll up for the history. Only History button I recall is found under the search functions.

Well, even though you didn't see it, it WAS there. I used it frequently.

Well, even though you didn't see it, it WAS there. I used it frequently.

I remember it. I used it occasionally just to check when I thought something got deleted. It wasn't that handy since it didn't let you recover them (even if it hadn't been written over).

I too wonder where that information has gone.

You can still see the history screen on the interactive menus at the tech portal:
Tech Portal : 622

I'll definately miss this as a way to see what was lost if the auto-delete got activated.

622_history0.JPG

622_history.JPG

From another thread, David Levin found these screenshots. Anyone found this missing button yet?

I never knew I could check to see if something was deleted without my action. Nice feature.

I think it has been gone since two software updates ago. One day I was looking for it as well and it was gone from 622. Funny that my other non-hd dvr has it.

has there been an answer about this yet? My 522 just got the L462 update and I immediately noticed the missing history button. I tend to run my dvr at capacity and this feature is invaluable in knowing what has been auto deleted.

An answer ? It's gone.... I suspect they just ran out of button space when they added a button.

I'm glad it's gone. I have to delete stuff my wife records sometimes to keep the drive from filling up. This way, there's no evidence that it used to be there and that someone manually deleted it. :D

It was a nice feature. In fact, I went to use it a week ago and realized it was taken away. I was a bit disappointed with Dish's decision to eliminate it.

There have been times when I needed to confirm why a DVR recording was erased or just simply to find out what happened to the recording because I thought I hadn't viewed it yet. While I did not use it often, it was of GREAT help when I needed that info. I, for one, would like to see it returned.

Add me to the list that would like to see the History feature returned. It wasn't used daily, but was real nice on occasion.

I also liked this feature... it wasn't about using it daily.. but was there in case you needed it.. or even just to verify if you had anything deleted without you knowing.

Similiarly, something I wish they would allow, is the ability to see back at least 12-24 hours on the Electronic Program Guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)