Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Hello -

VIP211 - Latest Firmware - Dish 500 & 61.5 -
119 - 79
110 - 64
61.5 - 73

Every evening I get the "Aquring Satellite Signal" when I try to go to some channels.

Sometimes it is 119, sometimes 110, and others 61.5.

I go to "Installation Summary" and all 3 are Green and say "OK - Status - Reception Verified"

I hit cancel but it keeps going back to "Aquiring Sat Signal"

???

This day it was looking for 61.5. Signal would not lock (zero) when I first looked. I ran a "Check Switch" and the signal strength went uo to 50 and locked.

Then the screen went to: "Attention - Aquiring Satellite Signal" and ran thru steps 1-5.

Then it downloaded the Program Guide and everything is fine again.

Is there something wrong with my switch or LNB where a "Check Switch" function fixes the problem temporarily???

I'm sure it could be several things.

You may also want to supply the type of switch and/or LNBF you have (DP Plus Twin ?), which is available at the Check Switch screen; and maybe someone will have more info.

In the meantime, I suggest you turn off your receiver, then unplug it from the wall, remove the cable from the Sat-In connection on the back of the receiver; then plug the power back in without the satellite in cable; and then run a check switch. Of course it shouldn't find your Switch and/or LNBF.

After, turn off, remove power, plug in satellite in cable on back of receiver; plug in power; turn on; and run another check switch. Hopefully it will solve your problem.

Sometimes, just turning off and then unplugging the power for a few minutes will also work; but the above step accomplishes both removing the power and clearing the switch matrix.

Missing HISTORY button on DVR page

No more Pocketdish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts