Missing Icons

morgan42

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 25, 2006
Hempstead, NY
Hello,

Some of the TV show icons are missing, when you go into the DVR screen. Does anyone know how to fix that? Is it even fixable. :confused:

I have noticed that problem on and off on my 922, especially this week. Some were not showing up yesterday, but today they are there.

Is anyone else having this problem? I had it some last week, but this week it is really bad, most of the icon tiles for the movies and tv shows are missing. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I can honestly say I am not suffering from that problem on the 922 right now. I think I have seen at different times a tv show with no picture, just the name. But it might just be your receiver is crapping out and needs a replacement. Call the Dish tech department and see what they say.

MikeD-C05 said:
I can honestly say I am not suffering from that problem on the 922 right now. I think I have seen at different times a tv show with no picture, just the name. But it might just be your receiver is crapping out and needs a replacement. Call the Dish tech department and see what they say.

I will give it some time. If they don't come back and they want to send another one this will be lucky number 4. Ha. They can keep sending them as long as they want or give me back my $200 and a 722k.

Hi Bobvick,

My icons did come back, but then a day or two later i lost the sat signal, only on the 922, for over 2 hours. So, I ended up with a service call today. The guy came and showed me that my signal strength was about 10 to 12 points below where it should be. He even had a chart of what the signal numbers should be (in my area I'm assuming)! I've never seen that before. Anyway, he really fixed it good to where my strength is now 10 to 12 points above the chart!

I'm thinking the missing icons might have something to do with a weak connection to the sats? Anyway, since he "corrected" my misaligned dish the 922 has been much more responsive.

Just something to think about.

Mark

It must have been a fluke, they were all back when I got home from work today. This damn thing has a mind of its own. It is actually amusing to have one, it is like a game from one day to the next. It is a great receiver when it works right. Makes you pissed off when it does not though. I don't know if any of you ever had one, but it makes me think of the GI DSR-920 when it first came out in 1997-98 (this was the first model of 4DTV) it was much like the 922. Interestingly enough, the successor to the 920 which was not a lot better some times was the GI DSR-922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)