Missing locals on HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JRL

Original poster
May 13, 2004
I have a question for the group which is not quite a Voom problem. I have a Tivo HD receiver and two basic direcTV receivers. I had a clip on off/air on the 3 phase dish. The lines go from the LNB to the diplexer on the back on the dish then down to four other diplexers behind the receivers. On the two basic receivers I get all the locals , on the HD I get none. I have one diplexer going to the Sat 1 and RF in the other dilpexer goes from the sat on the diplexer to the Sat 2. I am about 20 miles from the tower with the dish way up high , no trees or buildings.

My question is that I think the RF in on the HD might be bad. So I have a Voom receiver, if I hook up the line to the vsb , and the Sat in on voom would the locals come in. I know the sat will not work because its pointed to another Satellite. This is just to check to see if my Tivo RF is bad. I have done a dish scan and it still reads 0. The antenna is a terk and they have worked before in this area. Both receivers are active.

Jake

Most HD channels are UHF, does your antenna pickup UHF or VHF? The clipons are not very good antennas to begin with. Can you pickup any UHF analog channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)