Missing some channels

If you remove the 508 then you would still use 2 dishes. They would replace the 61.5 only dish with an Eastern Arc that sees 61.5/72/77. The Dish you have for 118.7 they would run a cable from the 118 LNB to the Eastern Arc dish. Set up would be 61.5/72/77/118

61.5 has the SD stations and your locals in HD
72.7 has the HD channels
77 is kinda useless...some market locals and Spanish are on there
118 for the Great Wall package

If you remove the 508 then you would still use 2 dishes. They would replace the 61.5 only dish with an Eastern Arc that sees 61.5/72/77. The Dish you have for 118.7 they would run a cable from the 118 LNB to the Eastern Arc dish. Set up would be 61.5/72/77/118

61.5 has the SD stations and your locals in HD
72.7 has the HD channels
77 is kinda useless...some market locals and Spanish are on there
118 for the Great Wall package

Yes i learnt the above the hard way. I signed up with dish (From directv) during the last week of January. I was pointed to 67,5, 77 and 72 (facing south eastern)

During the installation i ensured that the setup would be able to get international packages, i was told yes. Today i added the programming, and i could not get anything showing up. The CSR who i was working with, made me do the restart a few times before the 2nd level of support figured out that i need a tweak to my setup.

The tech is coming in tomorrow, luckily it happened within 60 days of install, so dish is going to cover this visit. My question is, to get AT250, International (south asian) and some movie packages (HD platinum, HBO), which would be the safest bet.

Also will i be able to switch from free starz to free hd platinum? (duplicate post, asked this question in a separate thread, no response yet, not blaming)

Thanks in advance

The tech is coming in tomorrow, luckily it happened within 60 days of install, so dish is going to cover this visit. My question is, to get AT250, International (south asian) and some movie packages (HD platinum, HBO), which would be the safest bet.

They'll just add the International (118.7) dish to the existing setup. So you will have 2 dishes on the roof

edit: Novi, MI is that in the Detroit market? If so they should just give you a D1000+ instead. That sees 110/119/129 and 118 for the Int'l channels. Scott noted in November Detroit went to Western Arc (110/119/129)(
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/235590-20-dmas-moving-back-western-arc.html

unless you have line of sight issues facing SW they **should** swap the whole dish

They'll just add the International (118.7) dish to the existing setup. So you will have 2 dishes on the roof

edit: Novi, MI is that in the Detroit market? If so they should just give you a D1000+ instead. That sees 110/119/129 and 118 for the Int'l channels. Scott noted in November Detroit went to Western Arc (110/119/129)(
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/235590-20-dmas-moving-back-western-arc.html

unless you have line of sight issues facing SW they **should** swap the whole dish

2 dishes? I thought they would realign my dish and make it work, so anyone wanting the HD AT250 and international would need 2 dishes?

Yes i learnt the above the hard way. I signed up with dish (From directv) during the last week of January. I was pointed to 67,5, 77 and 72 (facing south eastern)

During the installation i ensured that the setup would be able to get international packages, i was told yes. Today i added the programming, and i could not get anything showing up. The CSR who i was working with, made me do the restart a few times before the 2nd level of support figured out that i need a tweak to my setup.

Also will i be able to switch from free starz to free hd platinum? (duplicate post, asked this question in a separate thread, no response yet, not blaming)

Thanks in advance
I would be happy to look into all your questions, please PM me your account info or phone # and I will see what I can do! Thank you!

Well I just lost the first HD. HLN recently, maybe a month or 6 weeks, showed up in HD. Was in HD last night now its not.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

My bad, I did not notice the EDIT. Yes it is part of the metro detroit area. Hope the tech swaps the dish. Thanks IceBerg you are quick.

When the tech comes out just tell him you want a Dish 1000+. That sees 110/118.7/119/129. Normally with a 2 dish setup they put a D500+ up so all they'd do is add the 129 (which is where the HD is) to the dish.

When the tech comes out just tell him you want a Dish 1000+. That sees 110/118.7/119/129. Normally with a 2 dish setup they put a D500+ up so all they'd do is add the 129 (which is where the HD is) to the dish.

The tech came with a 500+ dish and was adamant in replacing the existing one with this. I had to call dish and have them re-write the work order to put up a 1000+ so that i can get AT250 in HD as well as the international channels. Glad you posted the above, otherwise I will be missing all the HD channels and some of AT250. Now the setup is being worked on, will post back once everything is set.

Thanks again

The tech came with a 500+ dish and was adamant in replacing the existing one with this. I had to call dish and have them re-write the work order to put up a 1000+ so that i can get AT250 in HD as well as the international channels. Glad you posted the above, otherwise I will be missing all the HD channels and some of AT250. Now the setup is being worked on, will post back once everything is set.

Thanks again

So the tech wanted to swap the dish out? If so, then he didnt know what you had programming wise because as you noted the 500+ you would have lost all the HD

The 1000+ will work just fine after a check switch. Make sure he doesnt leave (or sign off on the paperwork) until its right. Make sure to check
-a HD channel
-your locals to make sure they're in HD (Big 4 are for sure)
-International channel

So the tech wanted to swap the dish out? If so, then he didnt know what you had programming wise because as you noted the 500+ you would have lost all the HD

The 1000+ will work just fine after a check switch. Make sure he doesnt leave (or sign off on the paperwork) until its right. Make sure to check
-a HD channel
-your locals to make sure they're in HD (Big 4 are for sure)
-International channel

Yes you are right. Now i am pointing to 110, 119, 118 & 129. I did make sure that locals/hd premium channels/at250 hd channels and international are airing as expected. Good pointers.
Edit : He did not swap the 500 dish he initially got, instead he got a LNB kind of switch installed behind the antenna

The tech went a step ahead and installed a small adaptor that goes off my internet router to a power adaptor(new) in the wall and unplugged the receiver from the "surge protector" and plugged it directly into the wall, i did not notice it until he left, I assume it is for the internet. So is my house networked through the power outlet? Not sure

Thanks Iceberg, you saved me another tech visit

Last edited:
Yes you are right. Now i am pointing to 110, 119, 118 & 129. I did make sure that locals/hd premium channels/at250 hd channels and international are airing as expected. Good pointers.
Edit : He did not swap the 500 dish he initially got, instead he got a LNB kind of switch installed behind the antenna
sounds like he wanted to do a 2 dish setup but after you set him straight ;) he changed it to a D1000+

Glad to hear everything is working now

Any idea on the purpose of the power adaptor, it says sling in the adaptor that takes in a line from my router.
Your receiver is connected to the internet through that broadband connection. You can order and download movies on the Dish Cinema on your DVR function or other interactive features. It also will run a diagnostic over that connection.

Your receiver is connected to the internet through that broadband connection. You can order and download movies on the Dish Cinema on your DVR function or other interactive features. It also will run a diagnostic over that connection.

wow! So all my power outlets have broadband, all i need is another adaptor to tab into it right. Also is it safe to not use a surge protector, the tech plugged it to the wall directly to make use of the new adaptor

wow! So all my power outlets have broadband, all i need is another adaptor to tab into it right. Also is it safe to not use a surge protector, the tech plugged it to the wall directly to make use of the new adaptor
I am not sure what you mean "all my power outlets have broadband". The Sling adapter allows communication over the home power lines, eliminating the need to run new cabling. Surge protector can block the signal so the tech would have installed the best way to ensure it works properly. For more information, this may help: http://www.dishnetwork.com/SupportSection/setup-broadband

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)