Missing Voom channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pipman

Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Hey Guys,

I've had Voom for about two months now and from the very beginning, I've been without ESPN-HD and ESPNEWS, both having an error saying that there is no signal. The thing is that I've got a satellite signal of 87 and I'm able to get all the other channels in the regular Voom package.

Voom has already changed my receiver once trying to fix the problem, but that doesn't seem to do it. Now that USA Network has been added to Voom's channel lineup, I'm also not able to receive that channel as well; so now I'm without 3 channels.

The only variables that I have that maybe different from other people's setup is that I'm using an Eagle Aspen 5x8 multiswitch for my satellite inputs and not the multiswitch that came with Voom. I also had been using my own Eagle Aspen diplexer, but change backed to Voom's diplexer; it still didn't fix the problem. I haven't removed the Eagle Aspen switch from the senario yet, but I don't understand how that could be causing the problem since it should be doing the same thing as the Voom switch.

Has anyone experienced this same issue, if so have you been able to fix it? Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Regards,

Pipman

Don't worry guys, I've answered my own question and problem. I removed the Eagle Aspen 5x8 multiswitch and directly connected to the receiver and now I get all the channels including the ones that I've been missing all this time. I'm still surprised that such a pricey multiswitch was filtering out those stations, but I guess the one that Voom has is just a wire switch with no amp.

pipman,

Welcome to the forum!
Your problem might have been caused by missing or broken SECOND connection from the multiswitch to the LNB. There should be TWO cables going from the multiswitch to the LNB. The second one was missing or wasn't working. Could also be a bad LNB or bad multiswitch, but I would check the wires first. ESPN HD is one of the few channels that have "Left_Horiz" polarity. Other channels are: 204, 206, 226, 229, 261, 262 and some others. All these channels require the polarity switch with the LNB or a separate LNB connection if a multiswitch is installed.

Good luck!

The Voom installer only installed the 13V Sat A connection on the LNB. Do you think that if he installed the 18V Sat A connection, I would still be able to use my multi-switch and still get ESPN-HD, ESPNEWS, and USA?

As for the question regarding the removal of the switch improving my signal. No, it did not improve my signal I'm still getting a 87. I mentioned to the installer that it was lower than what I was used to with DirecTV and he replied saying that Voom uses a different signalling formula than DirecTV and that 87 was considered very good. I tend to think he was wrong since the slightest hint of rain or cloud cover, my signal goes below the Rain Fade mark of 85 and my picture is choppy.

pipman said:
The Voom installer only installed the 13V Sat A connection on the LNB. Do you think that if he installed the 18V Sat A connection, I would still be able to use my multi-switch and still get ESPN-HD, ESPNEWS, and USA?
That's right! 18V is required to receive those channels (to switch the polarity).

If you have version 6.00 or above, 87 is not good. You need to get above 90.
Looks like your installer was not very experienced with VOOM...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)