Missing W5 in satellite maps - how to update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chris_R

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Northern California
I'm firing up a 4DTV & getting ready to hook up an FTA receiver (on order), but ran into a snag today. I am missing a satellite tile, W5, and appears I never updated or bothered to download it back in the day.

I can still get a lock on G1 03, but have no idea if there's an active stream there or not that will magically "update" an old 922 receiver, especially with no programming on it.

Is there a generic that is compatible with W5 that I can use in it's place? I'm not planning to use it for DC II channels, I just want to be able to pick up AMC 18 when I use the FTA receiver. Suggestions? Thanks!

I'm firing up a 4DTV & getting ready to hook up an FTA receiver (on order), but ran into a snag today. I am missing a satellite tile, W5, and appears I never updated or bothered to download it back in the day.

I can still get a lock on G1 03, but have no idea if there's an active stream there or not that will magically "update" an old 922 receiver, especially with no programming on it.
There isn't one unless you convert your 4DTV to the new Skyvision/Programming Center system. Actually, the Anik Ku sat will still overload your maps but that's not useful. I haven't converted mine and don't know the specifics of how.
Is there a generic that is compatible with W5 that I can use in it's place? I'm not planning to use it for DC II channels, I just want to be able to pick up AMC 18 when I use the FTA receiver. Suggestions? Thanks!
Are you sure W5 is missing? There are 2 lists of satellite tiles, the one that contains the list of all satellites and the one you get when you click on menu button (the ones YOU have programmed in). To program a satellite and see all tiles you use "Program Satellites" feature ("options"-6-4-4-Enter). You probably already knew this but I wanted to mention it in case you forgot.

As far as one to use for W5, it really doesn't matter what tile you use if the 4DTV is not controlling the LNB/LNBF or the polarity. If it's controlling the polarity just be sure to select a satellite tile that has both H and V channels. If it's controlling the LNB/LNBF then you need to be sure to pick one from the appropriate band (C/Ku). If you want to pick a generic I have attached a list of the generic tiles with their specific layouts.

Hope this helps,

DRCars

Attachments

• Generics2.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 231
There isn't one unless you convert your 4DTV to the new Skyvision/Programming Center system. Actually, the Anik Ku sat will still overload your maps but that's not useful. I haven't converted mine and don't know the specifics of how.

Are you sure W5 is missing? There are 2 lists of satellite tiles, the one that contains the list of all satellites and the one you get when you click on menu button (the ones YOU have programmed in). To program a satellite and see all tiles you use "Program Satellites" feature ("options"-6-4-4-Enter). You probably already knew this but I wanted to mention it in case you forgot.

As far as one to use for W5, it really doesn't matter what tile you use if the 4DTV is not controlling the LNB/LNBF or the polarity. If it's controlling the polarity just be sure to select a satellite tile that has both H and V channels. If it's controlling the LNB/LNBF then you need to be sure to pick one from the appropriate band (C/Ku). If you want to pick a generic I have attached a list of the generic tiles with their specific layouts.

Hope this helps,

DRCars

Yes, I definitely checked "Program Satellites" and no W5 exists - my system was pretty much offline before there ever was a W5, and the X4 mapping appears to be for the old KU satellite.

At the moment, the 4DTV is controlling the LNB and polarity. I am planning to get an LNBF soon with the FTA receiver, but wanted to at least make sure this system was up and running. Ultimately the 4DTV will just be a dish mover, but I was hoping to be able to lock in all the sats without the aid of a local tech.

Appreciate the file, thanks, however I don't know which one of these is compatible with W5, as I'm sure the H & V is set up differently as the generics are.

It was suggested in another thread that I go over to W1, get a lock on 300 and then move west a couple of degrees and obtain a lock on X4, but it is now appearing that my maps are too dated to get any of the correct channels to lock DCII signals. Seem to be fine on G1, for some reason, but W1, G4, etc. are a mess...nothing.

I have a 4DTV unit subbed by Programming Center still using the X4 tile on c-band

According to the instructions here (non-brick method): http://www.programming-center.net/csteps2.htm you need to tune to X4-216 - this comes up on mine as "Pgm-8 Style" - that might help ensure you're on the correct frequency.

I think Style was replaced/rebranded and is now Esquire East on TP1 at 3720 V

Yes, I definitely checked "Program Satellites" and no W5 exists - my system was pretty much offline before there ever was a W5, and the X4 mapping appears to be for the old KU satellite.

At the moment, the 4DTV is controlling the LNB and polarity. I am planning to get an LNBF soon with the FTA receiver, but wanted to at least make sure this system was up and running. Ultimately the 4DTV will just be a dish mover, but I was hoping to be able to lock in all the sats without the aid of a local tech.

Appreciate the file, thanks, however I don't know which one of these is compatible with W5, as I'm sure the H & V is set up differently as the generics are.

It was suggested in another thread that I go over to W1, get a lock on 300 and then move west a couple of degrees and obtain a lock on X4, but it is now appearing that my maps are too dated to get any of the correct channels to lock DCII signals. Seem to be fine on G1, for some reason, but W1, G4, etc. are a mess...nothing.

Hope this helps,

DRCars

I was able to lock in AMC 18 (W5) using a generic that just happened to match up with the satellite specs - thanks waylew for the tip. Using the old X4 in it's place now. The file you sent me is good for reference in checking the other sats if I need to, I have all the ones I want programmed in now, some just need to be tweaked after I get the FTA receiver. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts