Mitsubishi CRT 65615 LOUD FAN - Help!!

aaronrand

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
i just moved my 65615 to the bedroom and got a new livingroom tv.
i never noticed it before but the fan? runs 24/7 when plugged in.
its a loud hum sound. is there a way to set the tv to turn completely off without unplugging it every night?

also i cant get it to show anything but 480i, even though im on dishnetwork with full hdtv package.
how do i set to 1080p or 1080i?

its just plugged into the wall, and hooked up to dish 722
but even unhooked and just powered in, it makes that annoying noise.
runs 24/7 when plugged in. even when turned off.

Cant' help much with the fan. Might need a service. How about your 722. Does that run into your tv with HDMI or component, or is it hooked to another tv and you're using dual mode?

S~

dual mode.
the loud tv is the 2'nd tv, so the 722 is actually connected to the first tv, not this Loud one.

is that a limitation of the 722?
also its never 1080p?
i saw dishnetwork advertising 1080p

is that a limitation of the 722?
also its never 1080p?
i saw dishnetwork advertising 1080p

To date, there are no devices that will outpput two separate HD feeds. The only option is to split output one and run in single mode. Then you are limited if you want to watch separate feeds on two different sets.

The only available 1080p is VOD. No networks are broadcasting 1080p.

S~

i had another thought on the fan noise or whatever it is.
on my other tv, i have the option to "fast power on" which i assume leaves power on to keep the tv "warmed up".
is there an option on this tv to turn that off?
i noticed if i unplug, and then plug this tv in, it takes about 90 seconds to turn on, but if i leave it plugged in, and turn it on, it takes 2 seconds.
is there a way to set it OFF, OFF. or slow power on?
this may be why it seems to keep running?

ok, last question, and by the way, thanks for all your help.
how do i clean it, or do i call someone, and if so, anyone particular you would call if you were in phoenix az?

You can open it up and use a vacuum to dust around the fan area. Your lenses will most likely need to be cleaned, also. There should be a guide for cleaning in your user manual.

S~

I find small fan noise helpful to sleep as white noise.

The constant drone will mask random noises that disturb sleep.

Let it run in the bedroom for about a week and your brain will block it out and it will actually help you sleep better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts