Mix charter internet and direct tv satellite cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

buddhana

Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Missouri
I have charter internet in my apartment and i want to install direct tv. The problem is that direct tv cannot pass the cable from outside to inside my apartment. Is there a way that we can pass the direct tv cable on to the charter internet line?

First off, :welcome to Satelliteguys!

I doubt you can combine the two on one cable as the frequencies likely overlap. If you can get one cable through, why not another? Landlord issues?

There are at least two ways:

Installing diplexers will allow both signals to run on the same cable. However if you attempt to use both at the same time the Directv signal will dump you off the internet.
SO you can connect both to an AB switch(1.) and run the A line to the DTV receiver while running the B line to your modem.
OR you can (2) just connect the Directv to the house wiring. Then call Charter and insist the cable guy never showed up...make them run a new line.

As George Patton use to say, "the object of installations is not to run your own cable but rather to make the other poor son of a bitch run his cable."

Joe

Actually,
In cable college I sat behind Stoneman and copied most of what I know from his papers. I do remember an old guy in the VFW who used to insist Patton would say, " ..damn it! I want good quotes. George C. Scott is going to play me in a movie about me some day and I don't want the son of a bitch to be mumbling lines about firm actions in difficult times.....give me good quotes or I will send you to the front!"

Or not,

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts