Mixing Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikerios

Original poster
Nov 22, 2022
I have several installations with a variety of receivers. Some VIP222K, some VIP211z, some Wally's. I have been told that I shouldn't mix certain receivers on the same DPP44, but never could get a coherent explanation as to why. Anyone able to clear this up for me?

I guess if it works why not, but then if you start adding hoppers into the mix that could create some issues, especially with Hopper 3, which require a Hybrid LNB. But others might have an better explanation.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As mentioned above Wallys work with DPP technology. I replaced a receiver in an outbuilding for a relative that was a 322 on a DPP Twin. I temporarily used a 211 to add a DP Single LNB to add 129 then swapped it for the Wally (the 211 had no service on it)

Yes I know I could have swapped the dish to a D1000 but this is in an outbuilding so not used a lot and the DP Single LNB I had laying around :)

They all said that the Wallys would work. What they said was that mixing Wallys and VIP722s on the same DPP44 would cause a problem.
Yep, nonsense. Wally's and 722's run off of DPP tech, and the switch has no logic to it besides "Take a number of valid DP/DPP signals on the inputs and spit out the satellite requested by the receivers on the outputs". It wont care what's connected as long as its DPP compliant, you could even move the receivers to different outputs on the same switch without running a check switch if you felt inclined.

They all said that the Wallys would work. What they said was that mixing Wallys and VIP722s on the same DPP44 would cause a problem.
Not true. A 44 Switch is DPP Technology. Don't listen to CSRs. I had a bad WiFi Joey 4 yesterday and the CSR when I was trying to activate a new one said it was because the Hopper had 329 instead of 330 on it for Software, which is a crock. They don't know what they're talking about in most cases