MLB 2009 Season

According to radio reports here in Miami, Manny Ramirez agreed to a 2 year, $45 million dollar contract with the Dodgers....

The a$$hole has already communicated with one member of the L.A. press corps this morning saying "Tell them MANNYWOOD is back!"

Oh well, meanwhile there is a LOVELY article in the L.A. Times today about that other L.A. baseball team and the quiet, solid spring they are building as a team and how their owner is in the stands @ Tempo Diablo Stadium daily and has refused to raise prices for parking and ammenities so parents can afford to bring their families to Spring Training. Nice!:up

According to radio reports here in Miami, Manny Ramirez agreed to a 2 year, $45 million dollar contract with the Dodgers....
If this ends up being true, Manny will have quit on his team last year to get out of his Sox contract, hurt his reputation among baseball fans in general, and kills his legacy with Sox fans, all over a "measly" $5M...

The a$$hole has already communicated with one member of the L.A. press corps this morning saying "Tell them MANNYWOOD is back!"

Oh well, meanwhile there is a LOVELY article in the L.A. Times today about that other L.A. baseball team and the quiet, solid spring they are building as a team and how their owner is in the stands @ Tempo Diablo Stadium daily and has refused to raise prices for parking and ammenities so parents can afford to bring their families to Spring Training. Nice!:up

I LOVE the make-up of the Angels! :up

If this ends up being true, Manny will have quit on his team last year to get out of his Sox contract, hurt his reputation among baseball fans in general, and kills his legacy with Sox fans, all over a "measly" $5M...

And THAT is why Bill went nuclear on him last year...

A touching story.......

I escaped from work early today and ventured to the local watering establishment to throw back a few cold ones....

After a few Irish Ales, "Outside the Lines" on ESPN came on. And in relation to the current tragic incident of the Marquis Cooper/Corey Smith boating indecent, the show did a feature on the Tim Crews/Steve Olin boating fatality of 1993. The bar crowd was glued to the TV in utter silence, recounting the events of that tragic day, 16 years ago. Then, the bartender broke out in tears. She explained that she was a friend of the family of Steve Olin and the show rehashed old sad memories. Within minutes of watching the Outside the Lines feature, half of the bar was also crying. Very sad feature for a very sad day. With that said, the names will not be forgotten. We will always remember this tragic day. RIP fellas. :(

I escaped from work early today and ventured to the local watering establishment to throw back a few cold ones....

After a few Irish Ales, "Outside the Lines" on ESPN came on. And in relation to the current tragic incident of the Marquis Cooper/Corey Smith boating indecent, the show did a feature on the Tim Crews/Steve Olin boating fatality of 1993. The bar crowd was glued to the TV in utter silence, recounting the events of that tragic day, 16 years ago. Then, the bartender broke out in tears. She explained that she was a friend of the family of Steve Olin and the show rehashed old sad memories. Within minutes of watching the Outside the Lines feature, half of the bar was also crying. Very sad feature for a very sad day. With that said, the names will not be forgotten. We will always remember this tragic day. RIP fellas. :(

I will never forget that whole event. I can still see in my mind the front page of the Sunday L.A. Times with Bobby Ojeda standing there, head all bandaged, looking at the coffins in sheer disbelief. L.A. was stricken by that event, too as Olin pitched well for the Dodgers.

Ojeda was never the same again.

I will never forget that whole event. I can still see in my mind the front page of the Sunday L.A. Times with Bobby Ojeda standing there, head all bandaged, looking at the coffins in sheer disbelief. L.A. was stricken by that event, too as Olin pitched well for the Dodgers.

Ojeda was never the same again.

It was one of those "remember where you were when you heard............" tragic events for me. Like KCK, I still have visions of Bobby Ojeda's head all bandaged (I was in attendance at Fenway for Ojeda's ML debut when he came up to the Sox as a promising rookie).

I still remember poor Steve Olin's widow, Patti crying at the funeral. My heart went out to her.

It was the Indians first year training in Winter Haven, and last June I was vacationing in Clermont, FL....only a few miles from Little Lake Nellie where this tragedy occurred. I thought of Olin, Crews and Ojeda several times that week. Very sad indeed. :(

Here we go!

From the OC Register today:

Oakland only managed a single run in the Feb. 27 loss to the Angels at Tempe Diablo Stadium – but it's a run that Reggie Willits won't soon forget.
Oakland's Jack Cust belted a solo home run that smashed the windshield on Willits' Toyota 4Runner's windshield. The Angels won 3-1.
One thing's for sure: The AL West rivalry between the Angels and the A's is off to a smashing start …

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)