MLB 2009 Season

True, but both he and Santana have some "head" issues that I wish Mike Butcher could clear up.:rolleyes:

Three years ago when the Angels went into the season with Colon (when he was good), Escobar, Lackey, Weaver and Santana in the starting rotation, with Saunders and Moseley in reserve, I marveled at the depth they had!

Three years ago when the Angels went into the season with Colon (when he was good), Escobar, Lackey, Weaver and Santana in the starting rotation, with Saunders and Moseley in reserve, I marveled at the depth they had!

As last night painfully shows, that is but a distant memory as we get to our bullpen. :eek:

How about those Reds? One game back and 5 games over .500 :D

Pfffft. Mr Red is stupid looking without a moustache, too :D

The real Mr Red:

mrredleg2007pr8.gif

As last night painfully shows, that is but a distant memory as we get to our bullpen. :eek:
The Dodgers bullpen has single handedly blown 3 out of the last 5 games they played. If they were able to hold on to the leads on the 7th and 8th, they would have won 3 out of the last 5 instead of 1 of their last 5.

Ironically, the team is ranked #1 in the league in ERA.

He's the one I like better than any of them.

When Escobar's healthy, he's N-A-S-T-Y!!!
He's also coming back from one of the worst type of injuries for a starting pitcher...we've definitely missed him. Santana did good in his first return, he's not fully recovered yet, tho, it was obvious. Matt Palmer is the big story arounde here right now! 30 year old major league rookie kicking ASS!

The Dodgers bullpen has single handedly blown 3 out of the last 5 games they played. If they were able to hold on to the leads on the 7th and 8th, they would have won 3 out of the last 5 instead of 1 of their last 5.

Ironically, the team is ranked #1 in the league in ERA.

Are they trying to emulate the Angels or something?

He's also coming back from one of the worst type of injuries for a starting pitcher...we've definitely missed him. Santana did good in his first return, he's not fully recovered yet, tho, it was obvious. Matt Palmer is the big story arounde here right now! 30 year old major league rookie kicking ASS!

Scott Shields needs to go! He has blown too many oportunities already in the young season.

I guess us right-coasters will take what we can get:

For those dozing off by the fifth inning come October, help is on the way.

Following record-low ratings for last year's World Series between Philadelphia and Tampa Bay, Major League Baseball and Fox are moving up the start times this year.

Weeknight games in the World Series and AL Championship Series will begin at 7:57 p.m. EDT, more than a half-hour before last year's first-pitch times, Fox said Monday.

The moves figures to give children a chance to watch more on school nights, and should benefit adults who need to set the alarm clock for work.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4174213"]World Series games will start before 8 p.m. ET - ESPN[/ame]

This means those of us on the West coast will see the game before 5pm. Fine with me, but most people are not off of work that early.

That brings up the old question .....
Would you rather see the beginning or the end of the game ?

I wish the NFL would do this with night games, it would be nice to be able to see the end of a game.

Jimbo

This means those of us on the West coast will see the game before 5pm. Fine with me, but most people are not off of work that early.
For you guys it still must be better than the "old days" when weekday games used to be in the afternoon. Which leads me to the weekend games. I don't understand why the weekend games can't start earlier, something like the Super Bowl start time. Hopefully this will be addressed too:

The start of Saturday night games could be even earlier, and Sunday games will continue to begin following the conclusion of the network's NFL coverage.

ESPN360

Ted Williams' Frozen Head Abused in Lab!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)