MLB 2009 Season

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Why do we continually hear about the yankees great win streak ?
The Tigers went 8-2 in the last 10 as did the yankees, the Tigers are only 1 game behind the yankees and the yankees are not even in first place in thier OWN division.

Noone in the media has said Boo about what the Tigers have done and the Red Sox are ahead of the yankees still .......
It's no wonder I root against the yankees all the time.

Jimbo

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
The Tigers went 8-2 in the last 10 as did the yankees, the Tigers are only 1 game behind the yankees and the yankees are not even in first place in thier OWN division.

Noone in the media has said Boo about what the Tigers have done and the Red Sox are ahead of the yankees still .......

Jimbo

:up

Because the ESPNs of the world want you dreaming of the Yankees, the Lebrons, the Kobes, the Patriots and Tar Heels(basketball) ALL THE TIME....24-7!:rolleyes:

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Didn't realize this....despite going 10-24since the 11-1 start (possibly playing THE WORST baseball in the MLB), losing their closer for the year(Proctor), sending the best pitcher in the MLB the 2nd half last year to the minors(Nolasco), sending their 3rd best starter, best set-up man AND the one of the TOP pitching prospects to the DL(Annibal Sanchez, Renyel Pinto and Ryan Tucker) and only TWO GUYS hitting.....they are only 4.5 games out.....wow....:eek:

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin

You're right.

You'd think people would be all over the turnaround- "After last year's nightmarish season, Detroit finally is looking like we thought they would in 2008."

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio

Jimbo

I don't know about you, but all the talk seems to be about the SD Padres and their 10 game winning streak and rightly so.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
You can just sense when a "laffer" is happening before you. I saw that twice last night. However, the Indians pulled off a miracle in theirs.

KCK, let this be a valuable lesson to never underestimate the heart of Cleveland and their ability to never give up.

August 05, 2001. Mariners/Indians. Greatest comeback in MLB history (15-14). Indians coming back from being down by 12 runs in the 7th inning. Does any of this ring a bell?

Like journey says, "don't stop believing!"

And don't you EVER count us out!

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
KCK, let this be a valuable lesson to never underestimate the heart of Cleveland and their ability to never give up.

August 05, 2001. Mariners/Indians. Greatest comeback in MLB history (15-14). Indians coming back from being down by 12 runs in the 7th inning. Does any of this ring a bell?

Like journey says, "don't stop believing!"

And don't you EVER count us out!

I remember that game as I watched it on ESPN Sunday night. This year is just different. I truly have not gotten a complete "vibe" from them yet. Again, I am not wishing them anything but success (except against the Angels) but I don't feel it, HD. Just my take...

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I remember that game as I watched it on ESPN Sunday night. This year is just different. I truly have not gotten a complete "vibe" from them yet. Again, I am not wishing them anything but success (except against the Angels) but I don't feel it, HD. Just my take...

Truth be told, me neither. I am just trying to hang onto any glimmer of hope right now though. :eek: Here's hoping last night will be the start of a new trend.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I don't know about you, but all the talk seems to be about the SD Padres and their 10 game winning streak and rightly so.

That streak just had to start when they played the Reds. :(

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI

Jimbo

If it ain't Boston or NY, you never hear about it on Sports Center.

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
If it ain't Boston or NY, you never hear about it on Sports Center.

Really now???

That's funny, because the Sports Center that I watch talks ad nauseum about the Cowboys (who haven't won a freakin' playoff game since Eisenhower was president), Lakers and Cubs.

Last time I looked at my compass, none of those teams played in New York or Boston. But of course, what fun would it be if we weren't talking about East Coast bias? :rolleyes:

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Really now???

That's funny, because the Sports Center that I watch talks ad nauseum about the Cowboys (who haven't won a freakin' playoff game since Eisenhower was president), Lakers and Cubs.

Last time I looked at my compass, none of those teams played in New York or Boston. But of course, what fun would it be if we weren't talking about East Coast bias? :rolleyes:

When it's baseball that's about all they talk about.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
the Sports Center that I watch talks ad nauseum about the Cowboys (who haven't won a freakin' playoff game since Eisenhower was president)

The Nashville Predators have won more playoff games since the Cowboys last did so. (6 games- not winning a series, but 6 playoff wins in their 4 trips to the postseason).

Hell, even the Clippers have won a playoff game since- 7, to be exact!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)