MLB 2009 Season

Hey guys, my cousins step brothers mom's aunt works with a guy who's related to Joe Charboneau. Anyone want a signed ball? :rolleyes:

Joltin' Joe Charboneau- 1981 AL Rookie of the Year.

Man, I thought he was gonna be a great one!

Joltin' Joe Charboneau- 1981 AL Rookie of the Year.

Man, I thought he was gonna be a great one!

There was certainly a lot of hype and built up expectations for Joe. When he called up to the majors, reporters and fans instantly fell in love with him.

In 1980, Cleveland needed a hero bad and Joe was it. Reporters dubbed him Super Joe, Bazooka Joe and even Joltin' Joe!

In his first game, he even hit a Home Run in front of a home crowd of 62,000 at the Old Municipal Stadium. One of the most promising openers to date as everyone thought Joe would be this teams savior.

Hell, there was even a song on the local stations named after him to the tune of:

Who’s the newest guy in town!
Go Joe Charboneau
Turns the ballpark upside down!
Go Joe Charboneau
Despite him not living up to the unfair expectations, Cleveland still loves Super Joe! He was certainly a character. And that 1980 season was one to remember.

Predictions:

AL EAST
1. New York
2. Boston (WC) (I had Tampa here a month ago, but have changed my mind)
3. Tampa Bay
4. Baltimore
5. Toronto

AL CENTRAL
1. Detroit
2. Cleveland
3. Minnesota
4. Chicago
5. Kansas City

AL WEST
1. Los Angeles
2. Oakland
3. Seattle
4. Texas

AL MVP- Miguel Cabrera

AL CY- Jon Lester

NL East
1. Philadelphia
2. Florida (WC)
3. New York
4. Atlanta
5. Washington

NL Central
1. Chicago
2. Cincinnati
3. St. Louis
4. Pittsburgh
5. Milwaukee
6. Houston

NL West
1. San Francisco
2. Los Angeles
3. Arizona
4. Colorado
5. San Diego

NL MVP- Hanley Ramirez

NL CY- Edinson Volquez

Postseason:

ALCS- New York over Detroit

NLCS-Chicago over Florida

World Series- Yankees over Cubs

Ceremonial First Pitch. Who's it Gonna Be?

Ok all, this question is interactive.

Let's hear who's throwing out the ceremonial first pitch for your season opener and/or home opener.

For instance, for the Indians opener @ Texas, they will have the former Prez (G-Dub) throw out the first pitch. During the Indians opener, the late great broadcaster and player, Herb Score's wife Nancy will do the honors.

What about your team?

For Ramy, the coaches of his favorite teams are like the best and worst of times.

On one hand, he wanted Calipari to get the Kentucky job- and he did.

On the other hand... is he the member who can't stand Dusty Baker?

About the Reds- remember when they had a surprisingly good 2006 season and were stunningly close to the playoffs?

After that year, they made changes to the unis.

Personally, I preferred the old Red unis, the ones before the changes were made.

I personally believe that when a team has a nice run of success, tinkering with the uniform is not always the best of idea.

4166.gif

I miss this version of the red alternative uni.

I am not a big fan of Dusty's, but Salsa is the one who hates him.

Uhhhhh, the Reds haven't had a winning season since 2000, but I guess in 2006 they were close to the division title even though they finished 80-82. I think the whole year the division was though of as the weakest when in truth they had the most competitive since the Cardinals ended up winning it all.

Did you catch the Yankees opener in Baltimore?

the line for CC Sabbathia: 6 earned runs, 8 hits, walked 5 and 0 strikeouts in just 4.1 innings.

What a bust.

Looks like Sabbathia is the new fatman of the American League.

the line for CC Sabbathia: 6 earned runs, 8 hits, walked 5 and 0 strikeouts in just 4.1 innings.

What a bust.

So, is this what you expect from him the rest of the year ?

What a bust.

CC got drilled the entire month of April last year. I think it's a bit early to call him a bust.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)