MLB 2010 Season

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
There is a little over a month until the spring training starts. I really like the look of the Reds, just wish they had picked up one more decent starting pitcher.

Last edited:
same here

of course hopefully it isnt that cold in April at Target Field :)

I saw pictures, and that looks absolutely beautiful! :up

It will be nice to see the Twins play outdoor baseball again.

I remember growing up watching Red Sox-Twins games from "The Met" in Bloomington on TV.

Rod Carew, Larry Hisle, Lyman Bostock, Roy Smalley, etc. :)

Geez how many make-up doubleheaders will the Twins play at home this season. 12?

Geez how many make-up doubleheaders did the Brewers play in a year when they were at County Stadium?
How many makeup DH's do the Tigers play in a year at Comerica?

I say 2 tops this year and NONE from cold/snow :)

Geez how many make-up doubleheaders did the Brewers play in a year when they were at County Stadium?
How many makeup DH's do the Tigers play in a year at Comerica?

I say 2 tops this year and NONE from cold/snow :)

dunno, I am a Phillies fan. Ask Uecker.

anywho...back to the topic

The Twins officially moved into Target Field today. The construction guys gave the Twins front office guys the keys and traded in the hard hats for ball caps :)

Maybe I will attend a Twins game when it gets moved to Miller Park like Anaheim/Cleveland.

Now THAT was fun! Still have my ticket stub.

I tell ya, Miller Park can host anything, even bowling!

it wont get moved...that Cleveland/Anaheim game was really one of a kind with Cleveland having what 5 days of snow in a row?

Minnesota wont have that not being on the lake :)

on a side note...the 1st game at Target Field is actually a college game...March 27th. University of Minnesota vs. Louisiana Tech. The other games of the series are at the Humpty Dome

Are the Twins really playing outdoors this year? Really? :eek:
Sandra

Looking at the latest Target Field webcam pics (brrrrrr.....), I"m guessing it'll be mid-may before the snow melts and field thaws enough to play baseball! :D

What the Red Sox roster might look like on Opening Night, April 4 vs. the Yankees (barring more transactions and/or injuries).............

Starting Lineup

LF- Jacoby Ellsbury
2B- Dustin Pedroia
C- Victor Martinez
1B- Kevin Youkilis
DH- David Ortiz
3B- Adrian Beltre
RF- J.D. Drew
CF- Mike Cameron
SS- Marco Scutaro

Bench

Jason Varitek
Jeremy Hermida
Bill Hall.......(it would be nice if we got the 2006 Billy Hall........35 HR's for the Brewers :D)
Mike Lowell (if not traded or DL'd) OR Jed Lowrie OR TBA

Starting Rotation

Jon Lester
Josh Beckett
John Lackey
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Clay Buchholz

Bullpen

Jonathan Papelbon
Josh Bard
Hideki Okajima
Ramon Martinez
Manny Delcarmen
Tim Wakefield
Dustin Richardson OR TBA

The starting rotation is obviously the strength of this team.

The bullpen doesn't appear to be as deep as last year without Saito and Billy Wagner ( look for a big year from flamethrower Bard- Pap's heir apparent)

The lineup- sans Bay- doesn't have as much power. However, both C and SS are HUGE upgrades over last Opening Day.

Also, the overall defense with Cameron, Beltre and Scutaro is a HUGGGGGE!!! improvement over last season.

What the Red Sox roster might look like on Opening Night, April 4 vs. the Yankees (barring more transactions and/or injuries).............

Starting Lineup

LF- Jacoby Ellsbury
2B- Dustin Pedroia
C- Victor Martinez
1B- Kevin Youkilis
DH- David Ortiz
3B- Adrian Beltre
RF- J.D. Drew
CF- Mike Cameron
SS- Marco Scutaro

Bench

Jason Varitek
Jeremy Hermida
Bill Hall.......(it would be nice if we got the 2006 Billy Hall........35 HR's for the Brewers :D)
Mike Lowell (if not traded or DL'd) OR Jed Lowrie OR TBA

Starting Rotation

Jon Lester
Josh Beckett
John Lackey
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Clay Buchholz

Bullpen

Jonathan Papelbon
Josh Bard
Hideki Okajima
Ramon Martinez
Manny Delcarmen
Tim Wakefield
Dustin Richardson OR TBA

The starting rotation is obviously the strength of this team.

The bullpen doesn't appear to be as deep as last year without Saito and Billy Wagner ( look for a big year from flamethrower Bard- Pap's heir apparent)

The lineup- sans Bay- doesn't have as much power. However, both C and SS are HUGE upgrades over last Opening Day.

Also, the overall defense with Cameron, Beltre and Scutaro is a HUGGGGGE!!! improvement over last season.
Their offense does not come closing to matching the Yanks, but their defense is probably the best in baseball. Two GG CF in the outfield, and 3 GG infielders.

Their starting pitching 1 through 2 are not as good as the Yanks, but their starting pitching 1 through 5 is much better than the Yanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts