MLB 2010 Season

I forgot to mention this a couple weeks ago but MLB really needs to fix the scheduling. I know they want to have teams in the same division play each other more but can't they spread it out a little more?

Great example of Bud's scheduling genius ;)
Twins play the Red Sox 5 times this year.....3 at home...2 on the road
They play Milwaukee (ya know from the other league) 6 times

yeah...that makes sense :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more!!! The MLB schedule is BRUTAL!!!

The Yankees play the Red Sox nine times at Fenway. They opened the season for three games at Fenway on Easter Sunday (April 4), the Yankees come back next Friday (May 7) for three games, then they don't return until the last three games of the season (Oct.1)...............Very strange

Last year was worse.....the Athletics played seven games at Fenway. One big problem though, the A's played a 4 game series here AFTER Father's Day, and then returned for a 3 game series less than two weeks later (over the 4th of July)............so a team has to travel 3,000 miles TWICE within two weeks to the SAME city!!!

Real smart, Bud! :rolleyes:

It probably is just a bad streak — and the Twins have a nice, early lead — but they really need to do a better job of hitting with the bases loaded.

Wonder if this will help reduce the number of idiots who enter the field of play:

112eef_phillies05042010.jpg

Phillies fan tasered after running onto field - BostonHerald.com

Look at that Ray Ramano-looking fool's face...think he knew it was coming? :D
For years they showed these idiots on TV but MLB wisely put a stop to it . But thanks to Youtube they have themselves being exposed again. Local news showed him using a youtube video in the story.

Anyone know how I can listen to the Reds on my Droid?

For years they showed these idiots on TV but MLB wisely put a stop to it . But thanks to Youtube they have themselves being exposed again. Local news showed him using a youtube video in the story.
Not surprisingly it happened again in Philly last night.

After watching the inability of the security folks to apprehend that kid, maybe they should take a page from the Fenway Park security. Apparently, they have a lot of former HS and college football players on staff:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CoHHfikARyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CoHHfikARyg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Dice K throws the first pitch in one minute, as the Red Sox try to sweep this four game series. In what inning will Wakefield come on to relieve him?

So far:
First batter walks, steals second
Second batter walks
Third batter singles in a run
Fourth batter flies out
Double steal
Fifth batter walks.

They paid $100 million for this guy?

WAKE-FIELD!! WAKE-FIELD!! WAKEFIELD!!

Sixth batter , RBI groundout
Seventh batter, two run double
Eighth batter, strikeout.

Dice K survives the first inning, but is on pace to give up 36 runs this game

Uh oh...Twins already postponed for today due to rain all day and tonight (mixed possibly with snow)

Day/Night DH tomorrow (day game is scheduled, night is makeup game)

I can hear it now from some folks

OH MY GOD TWINS GOT RAINED OUT. THATS IT. WE NEED TO MOVE BACK TO THE METRODOME. CANT HAVE RAINOUTS

;)

For all the knocks the Red Sox offense has received, both before this season and during it, they are presently third in the American League in runs scored, home runs and batting average, and first in slugging percentage. When you consider how much less production they have been getting from the DH spot and from left field compared to recent seasons, I find those numbers startling.

For all the knocks the Red Sox offense has received, both before this season and during it, they are presently third in the American League in runs scored, home runs and batting average, and first in slugging percentage. When you consider how much less production they have been getting from the DH spot and from left field compared to recent seasons, I find those numbers startling.

That just means thier pitching is not coming thru for them.

Much like the Tigers, except the Tigers are in the race for the Central lead.

That just means thier pitching is not coming thru for them.

Much like the Tigers, except the Tigers are in the race for the Central lead.

It means they're not in the right division. As of today, Tampa Bay's record projects to 119 wins, and the Yankees projects to 117 wins.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)