MLB 2010 Season

Ron Washington says he was having some anxiety problems and cocaine might help. Huh? I never tried it but I believe Cocaine raises your dopamine. And that doesn't cure anxiety. Why do I have the feeling that if they had tested him in anytime last year they might have found drugs. What a shame . I don't want him kicked out of the game but MLB needs to do something to send a message here. If this was a player it would have not gone unpunished.

Ron Washington says he was having some anxiety problems and cocaine might help. Huh? I never tried it but I believe Cocaine raises your dopamine. And that doesn't cure anxiety. Why do I have the feeling that if they had tested him in anytime last year they might have found drugs. What a shame . I don't want him kicked out of the game but MLB needs to do something to send a message here. If this was a player it would have not gone unpunished.

First official offense in MLB is ...... 50 games, right .... suspend him for 50 games then he can come back and finish out the year, hopefully his team is still in contention by then.

Baseball prospectus has the Dodgers finishing in third, behind the Roxs and DBacks. They have the Angels finishing in last

First official offense in MLB is ...... 50 games, right .... suspend him for 50 games then he can come back and finish out the year, hopefully his team is still in contention by then.
Isn't that only for PEDs?

Edit: Just found this:

Thanks to the MLB's drug policy, a single positive test does not automatically result in any sort of league-mandated punishment. Positive tests for "recreational" drugs are subject to discipline at the commissioner's discretion.

However, players—and now, coaches—are often quietly placed in the league's treatment program. If completed successfully without another positive test occurring, the slate is wiped clean by the league's reckoning. Forgive and forget then becomes the motto.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/364887-ron-washington-ripping-larger-holes-in-mlbs-drug-testing-program

Last edited:
No love for the AL Central either!

Just for some perspective, their 2009 projections were...

Defending champion Phillies to miss the playoffs
Cleveland Indians to win the AL Central
Oakland A's to win the AL West
Chicago Cubs to win the NL Central, with a record of 95-67 no less

You get the idea...your guess is probably as good as theirs. ;)

Sandra

Just for some perspective, their 2009 projections were...

Defending champion Phillies to miss the playoffs
Cleveland Indians to win the AL Central
Oakland A's to win the AL West
Chicago Cubs to win the NL Central, with a record of 95-67 no less

You get the idea...your guess is probably as good as theirs. ;)

Sandra
This was Prospectus's predictions? I thought, I could be wrong, that they picked the Phils to make the playoffs???

Thousands of tickets are still available for the home opener at Fenway Park with the Red Sox against the New York Yankees. And if any of you have gone to a game at Fenway you know how much it cost. Food , driving to boston, concessions, etc. $500 is about what you will spend for the game . $7 beer, Hot Dogs cost around $5. Just imagine what the bad teams are going to have to deal with this year.

Last edited:
Thousands of tickets are still available for the home opener at Fenway Park with the Red Sox against the New York Yankees. And if any of you have to to a game at Fenway you know if you much it cost. Food , driving to boston, concessions, etc. $500 is about what you will spend for the game . $7 beer, Hot Dogs cost around $5. Just imagine what the bad teams are going to have to deal with this year.
I'm not sure where you got this info, but you did leave off an important point: The home opener, as well as most regular season games, has been sold out for a long time. The "thousands of tickets" mentioned that are still available are available from scalpers.

Slow sales for Sox tix - BostonHerald.com

I'm not sure where you got this info, but you did leave off an important point: The home opener, as well as most regular season games, has been sold out for a long time. The "thousands of tickets" mentioned that are still available are available from scalpers.

6,300-plus available for home opener with Yanks. Ticket resellers had no problem selling out last year or in years past. Either way they've always had a full house on opening day.

Last edited:
6,300-plus available for home opener with Yanks. Ticket resellers had no problem selling out last year or in years past. Either way they've always had a full house on opening day.
This is what happens when a team has official arrangements with ticket brokers (scalpers). The games are sold out but it becomes news when the scalpers can't move the overpriced tickets as easily as they have in the past.

The prices are high now because the opponent is the NYY. Those prices will come down as the game approaches.

This is what happens when a team has official arrangements with ticket brokers (scalpers). The games are sold out but it becomes news when the scalpers can't move the overpriced tickets as easily as they have in the past.

The prices are high now because the opponent is the NYY. Those prices will come down as the game approaches.
Yes, but I predict the Red Sox won't sell out every game this year as they have in the past.

About the Sox. I will say that the offense it not as good as it has been in the past, but their defense will probably be one of the best to ever play on a baseball field, ever. And they have three ace pitchers. With this and a decent offense, they should easily win the AL East

According to the Twin's facebook feed it's official — Nathan will have Tommy John surgery and miss at least this year. Very disappointing.

Yes, but I predict the Red Sox won't sell out every game this year as they have in the past.
Because of their deals with the legal scalpers I say they will. Time will tell.

Go on the Sox web site and try and see what kind of tickets (if any) are available for any games. As DK said, the games are almost already sold out, with those scalpers getting first shot after the season-ticket holders. Just because some seats may be empty doesn't mean they weren't sold... :eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts