MLB 2010 Season

I'm counting down the days until the season opener. I can't wait....I love this time of year. The disappointments of last season are a distant memory. :)

...and the disappointments of this season haven't even happened yet. Sorry, couldn't resist! :dev

I'm sure your team is going to do fine...:)

Sandra

...and the disappointments of this season haven't even happened yet. Sorry, couldn't resist! :dev

I'm sure your team is going to do fine...:)

Sandra

No they won't. Sorry, but I am still jaded from 2007 and what has transpired since. For the first time, possibly ever, I just don't have the same optimism as some of my Cleveland Brethren.

No they won't. Sorry, but I am still jaded from 2007 and what has transpired since. For the first time, possibly ever, I just don't have the same optimism as some of my Cleveland Brethren.
Thinking of 2007 makes me sick. What could have been.......

This year's team is going to be fun to watch.

What happened to 'We have the best Spring Training record'! :D

Sandra

Yea....I'm wondering what they did with the real HD MM. I've never seen such pessimism from him. :)

Lol. Perhaps it's all these cloudy overcast days that are numbing my soul. :)

No, in all actuality, I realize that things will never be the same as they once were and I am slowly coming to grips with the reality of the world we live in as a mid-market club in a salary-cap free league.

With that said, I AM optimistic of some of the things I've heard from Goodyear, Arizona. We have a ton of young talent, Fausto is showing hints of his '07 Cy Youngish form, Grady Sizemore looks like the G-Size of old (last year's injury dragging him down to an unusual off-year), Pronk finally claiming "no-pain" in his shoulder, Jake Westbrook hopefully fully recovered from Tommy John surgery and so on.

My concerns lie with the uncertainty at 2nd base, Russel Branyan's contributions or lack there of, our bullpen (ie. Kerry Wood's health) and the lack of depth in our starting rotation. Other than that, I am SLOWLY mustering up excitement for the upcoming season. :)

Yea....I'm wondering what they did with the real HD MM. I've never seen such pessimism from him. :)

This is nothing. Goodness, if the Cavs don't win it all, HD will be a basket case.

Between people telling him the regular season which he is enjoying so much meant nothing, the Kobe lovers coming back out from under their rocks to taunt him, and people starting to say because they didn't win Lebron is leaving...ugh.

Hopefully the Cavs will win it all for our forum friend. :)

Sandra

This is nothing. Goodness, if the Cavs don't win it all, HD will be a basket case.

Between people telling him the regular season which he is enjoying so much meant nothing, the Kobe lovers coming back out from under their rocks to taunt him, and people starting to say because they didn't win Lebron is leaving...ugh.

Hopefully the Cavs will win it all for our forum friend. :)

Sandra

Perhaps you're on to something. I am too enthralled with the season the Cavs are having and the hints of optimism they forecast for the upcoming playoffs to worry too much about the Triple A farm club of a team that is being pieced together for MLB's opening day in 7 days.

If the Cavs win, it will be a lot easier to stomach the rest of the Indians season. If not, it will be more misery and gloom until LeBron announces his fate.

How is John Lester looking Bill? I drafted him as my #2 in Fantasy....

Lester is looking very good! :up

IMO, he is now the ace of this staff over both Beckett and Lackey.

I'm predicting AL Cy Young for Mr. Lester...............good draft pick, Matt! :)

Bill, with their hitting their is a small chance the Red Sox won't make the playoffs. But if/when they do make the playoffs, their pitching will dominate.

Sandra

Agreed on both counts! :up

I'm just afraid they'll lose a few 2-1 type games in the playoffs (IF they get there).

Lester is looking very good! :up

IMO, he is now the ace of this staff over both Beckett and Lackey.

I'm predicting AL Cy Young for Mr. Lester...............good draft pick, Matt! :)

Sorry Bill,
They only give out ONE Cy per league and Lester is NOT getting it.

This year it belongs to Mr. J.V. !

Sorry Bill,
They only give out ONE Cy per league and Lester is NOT getting it.

This year it belongs to Mr. J.V. !

Verlander is also a great choice! :up

In fact, if I were starting a staff today, I would probably choose JV.

Verlander is also a great choice! :up

In fact, if I were starting a staff today, I would probably choose JV.

Actually, I'm just hoping he does his normal ... A solid 18-8 year would be great, more than that would be icing on the cake.
None of it will mean anything if they don't make the playoffs though.
Thats when you make a name for yourself. (except for Mr. Holliday)

Just saw FSD updated their HD Tigers schedule. Its now 100% HD!!! :D (except for FSD+ games :mad:). Are the Wings still in the playoff hunt? I can't figure out hockey stats. If so, hopefully they're knocked out in the first round. :haha

The Reds are in HD on opening day, but Directv isn't showing it.:rant::rant:

Marlins trade for Tiger's Robertson

By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

03/30/10 1:34 PM ET

JUPITER, Fla. -- Solidifying their rotation has been a priority all spring for the Marlins.

The team took a step in that direction on Tuesday by finalizing a trade with the Tigers that returns left-hander Nate Robertson to Florida, along with cash considerations, for lefty prospect Jay Voss and cash considerations.

Robertson, 32, has been with the Tigers since 2003, and last year, the left-hander was 2-3 with a 5.44 ERA. He appeared in 28 games with six starts.

This will be Robertson's second stint with the Marlins. Drafted in the fourth round by Florida in 1999, he made his Major League debut with the club in 2002, appearing in six games.

The left-hander has appeared in six Grapefruit League games for the Tigers, with three starts. He's 2-1 with a 3.66 ERA, with 19 strikeouts and seven walks in 19 2/3 innings. He had been in competition for a rotation spot with Dontrelle Willis and Jeremy Bonderman.

Voss, 22, is a promising lefty reliever who was in big league camp early with the Marlins. An eight-round pick in the 2007 Draft, he struck out 46 and held batters to 40 hits in 49 2/3 innings in 40 games between Class A Jupiter and Double-A Jacksonville last season. He pitched mostly as a starter in 2007 and 2008, registering ERAs of 7.63 and 6.39 in those two years.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/news...t_id=8996148&vkey=news_fla&fext=.jsp&c_id=fla

NCAA Football on DirecTV for 10/23/2010

NCAA Football on DirecTV for 10/30/2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts