MLB 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we say ANOTHER "Manny"? I mean there are TONS of divas around. Down here, Hanley has been quite the diva lately.

Diva is not the right word to describe Reyes...doesn't fit into a Manny generalization. But he is Jose Reyes through and through.

Sandra

Ramy said:
It's easier to get rid of one coach than a whole team.

A shake up is needed and will come. Whether Francona or Esptein or both. If they both stays it sends the wrong message to the entire organization. It reminds me when Torres was with the Yankees. It gets to a point when a new approach and dirrection is needed.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

televisionarchives said:
I didn't want the Red Sox to make the playoffs. The injuries to this team hurt them and they had no chance in October.

Is this a coping mechanism with the loss :) . Of course you want your team in the playoffs. The playoss are a different animal.

BillD1984 said:
I was afraid of that when the Red Sox called Hanley up in 2005, and he immediately gravitated towards Manny.

Well Hanley turning into a diva was Freddi's fault. Freddi needed to instill "tough love" on Hanley...but never did. Ozzie will either get to him to or he will get the tough love.

Strange thing was, Freddie had no issues saying "no" to upper management...and hence he is not here anymore.

Is this a coping mechanism with the loss :) . Of course you want your team in the playoffs. The playoss are a different animal.

No . This team wasn't ready for the playoffs. It's better to end it before it starts. I enjoyed two World Series and I really don't want them to turn into the Yankees and be hated by most of the country. I can't help but laugh when I hear people calling WEEI and putting grief into a game. It's just a game. It's fun to watch but if they don't win I say wait till next year .

[h=3]MLB posts fifth-highest attendance total[/h]
What a regular season in Major League Baseball: The most exciting finish in memory, and now into the books as No. 5 all-time in attendance with 73,425,568 fans.
MLB announced Thursday that the 30 clubs surpassed the attendance of the 2009 and 2010 seasons. This season's total attendance was 0.5 percent greater than last year's total of 73,054,407, which included six more games played (2,424) than this season (2,418).

Diva is not the right word to describe Reyes...doesn't fit into a Manny generalization. But he is Jose Reyes through and through.

Sandra

I dont think Reyes is Manny but I do think that Reyes needs tough love and someone to set his head on straight so he doesnt go off kilter.

My predictions for the season awards

NL Manager of the Year - Kirk Gibson (Diamond Backs)
NL Rookie of the Year - Freddie Freeman (Braves)
NL Cy Young - Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)
NL MVP - Ryan Braun (Brewers) It should be Matt Kemp (Dodgers)

AL Manager of the Year - Joe Madden (Devil Rays)
AL Rookie of the Year - Mark Trumbo (Angels)
AL Cy Young - Justin Verlander (Tigers)
AL MVP - Curtis Granderson (Yankees due to bias) It should be Verlander but they tend to not give the MVP to a pitcher

My predictions for the season awards

NL Manager of the Year - Kirk Gibson (Diamond Backs)
NL Rookie of the Year - Freddie Freeman (Braves)
NL Cy Young - Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)
NL MVP - Ryan Braun (Brewers) It should be Matt Kemp (Dodgers)

AL Manager of the Year - Joe Madden (Devil Rays)
AL Rookie of the Year - Mark Trumbo (Angels)
AL Cy Young - Justin Verlander (Tigers)
AL MVP - Curtis Granderson (Yankees due to bias) It should be Verlander but they tend to not give the MVP to a pitcher

I agree with most of your choices, but I think Verlander will get the MVP as well as the CY. It is rare for a pitcher to win, but this is one of those rare cases. Then again, if Guidry didn't win in '78......
Also, I think Ivan Nova might have a shot at ROY, but it would be a shocker.

One thing that will work in Verlander's favor is that there is not a clear cut most valuable daily player. as Ellsbury, Cano, Granderson and even Gonzales, whose power production faded at the end, will all get first place votes.

One of the things that sickens me about the Red Sox and Sports in Boston is the media. This happen back in 2001 and also in 2004 . They do it to the Celtics , Bruins and Patriots as well. As a fan you listen to it and read it and wonder if they want you to go to another game. You get so many different stories and you really don't know what to believe. The Boston Media is brutal. They seem to want to be part of the hiring and firing I guess. While I don't always listen to it , I did this weekend while working out in the yard. You heard so many opinions stated as fact. Announcers on the radio saying I heard this and that. Some of it gets personal. I keep saying that it's just a game. Before the 2004 season a few went after Curt Schilling for personal reason but later that year praised him for the season he had. Dan Shaugnnessy going on the air during the rain delay and saying Tampa won't come back made me mad. He looks foolish now but many in the Media do this all the time. They talk about how the Patriots will easily win the Super Bowl, easily beat this team . They criticize the price of food and the ticket prices at the venues but want a championship team. The worst thing a player can do is call in when they do it . Look at what happened to Cory Lidle when he called the Yes Network in 2006. Two days later he died. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=panJu1v6bes<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=panJu1v6bes" target="_blank">

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that will work in Verlander's favor is that there is not a clear cut most valuable daily player. as Ellsbury, Cano, Granderson and even Gonzales, whose power production faded at the end, will all get first place votes.

And one AGAINST Verlander will be that Migeal Cabrera made a VERY strong case for himself, winning the Batting Title and was very high in all statistical batting categories.
I feel bad for him as he's not even being mentioned, but if you look at his stats, they are right there and without him the Tigers would also not be where they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts