MLB 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tonight we are seeing some tremendous action here. Cards/Astros, Yankees/Rays, Phillies/Braves and Red Sox/Orioles. This has been some great stuff here. Just think, about 2 wks. ago, there werent any races to note of and now this tonight.

Alex Johnson came out of the last game of the 1970 season right after he got a basehit that put him ahead of Carl Yastrzemski for the batting title. But as his teammates pointed out, Yaz had sat out a late season game started by a lefthander and came out of another one for a "defensive replacement" when a tough lefthander came on in relief.

This is why baseball is the best sport, period. These games on the last day are amazing, and the Rays just epitomizes it all

Down 7-0 and score 6 in the 8th. Down to their last out of the season and a pinch hit HR ties it up. This is an exciting team to watch n

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

DodgerKing said:
This is why baseball is the best sport, period. These games on the last day are amazing, and the Rays just epitomizes it all

Down 7-0 and score 6 in the 8th. Down to their last out of the season and a pinch hit HR ties it up. This is an exciting team to watch n

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Amen! I left it 7-0 in the top of the 8th.... I went see the rest of the "Bartman" documentary...and it finished.... It's now 7-7...wow!

...and if I may, I would like to finish your post...."this is an exciting team to watch no matter how many fans go to their games...."

Well tonight we are seeing some tremendous action here. Cards/Astros, Yankees/Rays, Phillies/Braves and Red Sox/Orioles. This has been some great stuff here. Just think, about 2 wks. ago, there werent any races to note of and now this tonight.

Not to mentioned Detroit and Texas battling for home field advantage in the first round of the postseason. :) Too bad just got home from work, but at least I'm tuned-in the Sox and Rays games.

Salsa, I agree with you. As a Mets fan, I dont have a dog in the fight but this is tremendous. MLB Network, ESPN or somebody should show these games again. I mean you couldnt script any of this.

The Rays deserved it, they play with heart, unlike the scrubs from Boston. See ya Tito, See ya Theo it's been a nice run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

The Rays deserved it, they play with heart, unlike the scrubs from Boston. See ya Tito, See ya Theo it's been a nice run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Theo I hope. Tito doesn't deserve it, IMO. The front office hung him out to dry, with this flotsam and jetsam roster!

It was the most surreal night of baseball I've ever witnessed, including Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS and Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts