MLB 2011 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news! The knuckleball is again knuckling! :D

Bad news! The knuckleball is again knuckling. :mad:

1st D Jeter stole second, B Gardner scored on J Saltalamacchia's missed catch error
1st D Jeter scored on T Wakefield's wild pitch.

Yankees lead, 2-0 after two complete.

Kershaw finishes the season with the pitching triple crown, first in wins, k's, and ERA. It will stay that way since everyone else that is close is also done for the regular season. There should be no reason he does not win the NL Cy Young

1 - Wins: 21
1 - ERA: 2.28
1 - Ks: 248
1 - WHIP: 0.98
2 - IP: 238 1/3 (only 1/3 of an inning less than the leader, Halladay)

If he does not win the Cy Young, then there is definitely something wrong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kemp should win the NL MVP but it will probably go to Braun since he plays for a first place team. Kemp currently leads the league in HRs, Runs, and RBIs, and he is in the top 3 in BA and SB. If Dodgers stadium was like Miller Park, he will currently be a 40/40 man (currently has 37 HRs and 40 SB), and probably leading the league in BA as well; which means he would probably be the only 40/40 triple crown player in history. Playing in Dodgers stadium and the other west coast pitcher friendly parks for most of his games and with no offensive protection at all, unlike Braun, makes his feat even more amazing. Just in this series in SD alone, he had 1 HR and 2 400+ feet outs. Not only did the stadium take away 2 HR which would have been HR in any other park, it also took away two hits which lowered his BA about 3 points.

3 - BA: .324
1 - HR: 37 (keep in mind that Dodgers stadium, Petco, and ATT Park are the three most pitcher friendly parks in the NL and this is where he plays most of his game)
1 - RBI: 120 (keep in mind the Dodgers have not had people getting on base for him to drive in)
2 - SB: 40
1 - Runs: 112 (keep in mind he has nobody behind him to drive him in and he bats in the middle of lineup)

He should be the MVP, but since the Dodgers are not going to the playoffs, this will hurt him (even though it is not his fault). Going to the hitter friendly park in AZ may help him reach the 40/40 mark, being on the fifth person to ever do so.

Kemp has had a great year and should probably be the MVP. Don't forget about Mickey Mantle, though. Like he once said, "Hell, If I'd known 40-40 was going to be a big deal, I'd have done it every year!" He was of course a triple crown winner.

How strange for the Dodgers. There if the very real chance they'll have both the pitching and hitting triple crown winners, and their season was still terrible.

I agree Matt Kemp should be MVP.

Sandra

How strange for the Dodgers. There if the very real chance they'll have both the pitching and hitting triple crown winners, and their season was still terrible.

I agree Matt Kemp should be MVP.

Sandra
Even though their season was terrible, the team will more than likely finish with a winning record and have a better record than last year (with much less talent than last year). I will give Mattingly credit for improving the team.

Bought my tickets for the last game at Sun Life for the "Florida" Marlins...AND Strassberg pitching?

Inconsequential, last games of the season can be notoriously brief because the umpires call all the borderline pitches as strikes. Many last only about two hours. If Strasburg takes advantage of this by pitching just off the plate, he could end this season with an awesome performance.

Inconsequential, last games of the season can be notoriously brief because the umpires call all the borderline pitches as strikes. Many last only about two hours. If Strasburg takes advantage of this by pitching just off the plate, he could end this season with an awesome performance.

This game lasted just 2 hours and 24 minutes, making it probably the fastest Nationals game of the season.

AntAltMike said:
On the seventeenth day of Strasmas, my pitcher gave to me:

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
Strasburg 6.0 1 0 0 2 10 0 79-54 1.50

Great game by him... But no one was thinking that. Last game at Pro Player/Sun Life/Dolphins Stadium was on everyone's mind.

I'll get this out of the way because its been kind of bothering me. Its about the Jose Reyes situation. I really dont have a problem with it. Who really cares? The game meant nothing. Citi Field has been a ghost town for 3 months, aw hell, 3 years. I mean I heard all this talk about being competitive and going out there for the fans who paid to see you. I really disagree.

So Reyes is taking an easy way to get a batting title? So what. I mean for years, and I will admit I was one of them, Manny Ramirez did whatever the hell he wanted and got chance after chance. Everyone turned a blind eye and everybodys reaction was "Manny being Manny". Reyes does one questionable thing and hes public enemy number 1? Btw, didnt Jorge Posada take a day off this year as well? When he contributed the night the Yankees clinched either a playoff spot or the AL East, did the Yankee fans boo? No, they cheered.
What about Gary Sheffield? He admitted that he tanked games for Milwaukee and he came to the Yankees. Nobody said anything. And what about Milton Bradley, who ironically got arrested today? Carl Everett? Albert Belle? They got chance after chance and nothing was said.
And what about if Reyes played today and got hurt. He could have damaged himself for free agency. A) He could have hurt himself badly. He has been injury prone. B) What would that do for the Mets to resign him or for another team to resign him?
Lets say the Phillies, Brewers, D Backs, Yankees all played tonight at home. Do you think with the playoffs locked up, that those teams would play there starters? Of course they wouldnt. BUT, would fans complain about it? I dont think so.
Sorry for the rant guys. Im probably in the minority here but it was just bothering me. Thanks for letting me vent.

Nothing like the yanks screwing the rest .... this basically GIVES the win to TB and screws the Sox.

I think the same type of thinking went into the Angels as soon as they were eliminated, them losing the possibility of winning thier division they said the hell with it, basically tanked the rest of the series to the Rangers and the Tigers will pay for it IF they don't win out.

Of course NO ONE would come out and say as much.

Mets82 said:
I'll get this out of the way because its been kind of bothering me. Its about the Jose Reyes situation. I really dont have a problem with it. Who really cares? The game meant nothing. Citi Field has been a ghost town for 3 months, aw hell, 3 years. I mean I heard all this talk about being competitive and going out there for the fans who paid to see you. I really disagree.

So Reyes is taking an easy way to get a batting title? So what. I mean for years, and I will admit I was one of them, Manny Ramirez did whatever the hell he wanted and got chance after chance. Everyone turned a blind eye and everybodys reaction was "Manny being Manny". Reyes does one questionable thing and hes public enemy number 1? Btw, didnt Jorge Posada take a day off this year as well? When he contributed the night the Yankees clinched either a playoff spot or the AL East, did the Yankee fans boo? No, they cheered.
What about Gary Sheffield? He admitted that he tanked games for Milwaukee and he came to the Yankees. Nobody said anything. And what about Milton Bradley, who ironically got arrested today? Carl Everett? Albert Belle? They got chance after chance and nothing was said.
And what about if Reyes played today and got hurt. He could have damaged himself for free agency. A) He could have hurt himself badly. He has been injury prone. B) What would that do for the Mets to resign him or for another team to resign him?
Lets say the Phillies, Brewers, D Backs, Yankees all played tonight at home. Do you think with the playoffs locked up, that those teams would play there starters? Of course they wouldnt. BUT, would fans complain about it? I dont think so.
Sorry for the rant guys. Im probably in the minority here but it was just bothering me. Thanks for letting me vent.

what Reyes did today has been done many times. Some times it has worked to help someone win...and sometimes it has backfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)