MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job on the PR firm he hired...teh text is written in a POV of dejected fan. That being said, too f'n late, Loria's still an ass.

As my friends in Montreal say, "avale esti!"

Good job on the PR firm he hired...teh text is written in a POV of dejected fan. That being said, too f'n late, Loria's still an ass.

As my friends in Montreal say, "avale esti!"

To say he is "still an ass" is to assume he was once human or human aspects...:p

In all seriousness, I heard something interesting locally down here. The radio statio was talking about Loria was a "rare" breed of owner. For approx. 99% of the owners of professional sports teams, they have the franchise they own as a "hobby", for a lack of a better term. Their main source of income is other aspects of professional business, example:

-Mickey Aronson... Carnival Cruise lines
-Stephen Ross... real estate and investment hodings

Loria, on the other hand, made his money through art and ever since he got that HUGE MLB loan to basically hall ass out of Montreal after gutting that team...he makes money strictly on what he has done with the Marlins(...which of course, see Montreal Expos)

They tried to sugarcoat the how he has destroyed the little baseball trust this city already.

Ah hell, don't get me started on this sh!7 all over again, it gets very despressing.:rant::mad::(

IIRC, Loria initially stated by owning 8% (maybe 13%) of the Expos, then used a clause in the contract to increase his share to 90% by making cash calls to the other partners which they refused. MLB, if I also recall correctly, then gave ol' jackass an interest free loan to go destroy.. I mean buy the Marlins.

Cheers, K

IIRC, Loria initially stated by owning 8% (maybe 13%) of the Expos, then used a clause in the contract to increase his share to 90% by making cash calls to the other partners which they refused. MLB, if I also recall correctly, then gave ol' jackass an interest free loan to go destroy.. I mean buy the Marlins.

Cheers, K

Correct-o-mundo!

Here's a 10$ bet. I net you in the next 2 season, Loria will pull a "bring your dog to the park" promo. He did it in Montreal once.. 500 canines showed up for the game along with their owners.

I read the Marlins have the worst TV contract in MLB. Yeah you'd think the genius behind that team would have learned when he pulled the plug on the Expos tv contract back in the day.

Here's a 10$ bet. I net you in the next 2 season, Loria will pull a "bring your dog to the park" promo. He did it in Montreal once.. 500 canines showed up for the game along with their owners.

I read the Marlins have the worst TV contract in MLB. Yeah you'd think the genius behind that team would have learned when he pulled the plug on the Expos tv contract back in the day.

Does he hang out with Marge Schott ?

The Reds do this now. They have about 4 or 5 games like that. They call it "Bark in the Park".

On your first point.... TOO LATE! He has had that promo just about every single year and on some years, twice a year. LOL!

On your 2nd point... yes, they DO have the worst contract of all MLB with Fox Sports. LOL...here's the thing, from what I read, the contract was decent so long as they stay RENTING Sun Life Stadium, once they moved into the new stadium, the revenues drop because they will not need the "rent money" anymore.

MORONS....:rolleyes::rant:

John Lackey's ERA in his first two appearances is 12.00, but he is pleased with his results. Reminds me of the time Mike Torres was let go and he said, "I still think I can be a .500 pitcher", which prompted his former manager to lament, "That's the problem. .500 pictchers get managers fired". So do pitchers with ERAs of 12.00

The Los Angeles Angels, who have a $146 million payroll and will pay reserve outfielder Vernon Wells $24 million this year, decided to renew Mike Trout's contract for $510,000. That's $20,000 above the major league minimum for the 2012 Rookie of the Year. It's also about what Wells will make every three games for sitting on the bench
I know the Angels don't have to pay Trout more than that, but damn....

http://articles.courant.com/2013-03-02/sports/hc-on-the-fly-0303-20130302_1_new-big-east-uconn-men-madison-square-garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)