MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point about Loria is that NOBODY right now could be any worse than he is. He ruined baseball in Montreal. He got his stadium in Miami & then cleaned house on his team. At least Jeb Bush wouldn't be sole owner of the Marlins. Like Magic Johnson & the Dodgers,he'd be part of an ownership team. He was trying to be a part owner of the Marlins like his brother was part owner of the Rangers. Someone else would no doubt run the day to day operations of the team.

I'm not disputing you, just don't know that Jeb is the one you want taking over .... that said, I was led to believe that Jeb was the sole owner, didn't know he was a part of a group.

Salsa
I'm sure you weren't in the line for single game tickets because you got your season tickets already ;)

attachment.php

The line for single-game tickets outside #Marlins Park, less than 30 min before they go on sale

yes its true...see link below
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ns-turn-winter-warm-event-220646017--mlb.html

Attachments

• 729277658.jpg
    729277658.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 116
Salsa
I'm sure you weren't in the line for single game tickets because you got your season tickets already ;)

attachment.php

The line for single-game tickets outside #Marlins Park, less than 30 min before they go on sale

yes its true...see link below
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ns-turn-winter-warm-event-220646017--mlb.html

I had a partial season ticket last year and they have been hounding me by phone and email worse than the IRS looking for back taxes.

I told them until that POS sells the team, I will never pay for Marlins tickets again. I will support the players by watching the occasional game on tv, but that's about it. Next year, and until further notice, my childhood team, the Cincinnati Reds will be the team I root for.

I had a partial season ticket last year and they have been hounding me by phone and email worse than the IRS looking for back taxes.

I told them until that POS sells the team, I will never pay for Marlins tickets again. I will support the players by watching the occasional game on tv, but that's about it. Next year, and until further notice, my childhood team, the Cincinnati Reds will be the team I root for.

:D

Folks..a friendly request..... please PM me if I ever miss a good Loria bashing post. To this day, nobody gets my blood boiling more than he does.. moreso than my mother in law, Rick Monday, Kerry Fraser and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Cheers, K

Salsa, you actually called the owner a POS?? You should not be able to pay for tickets. You should get them for free. Your SalsaDancer!!

Btw, you want to talk about bad, what about the Mets? They look even worse than last year. They didnt even get Micheal Bourn. He went to the Indians even though the Mets offered him the same amount of money.

Folks..a friendly request..... please PM me if I ever miss a good Loria bashing post. To this day, nobody gets my blood boiling more than he does.. moreso than my mother in law, Rick Monday, Kerry Fraser and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Cheers, K

Oh I beg to differ my friend... you have PLENTY of competition in the "I hate Loria" campaign from myself and ICE. ...LOL!:rant:;)

EDIT: I know Rey is not a hateful guy... but I am sure he deeply dislikes Loria as well... LOL!

Last edited:
Salsa, you actually called the owner a POS?? You should not be able to pay for tickets. You should get them for free. Your SalsaDancer!!

Btw, you want to talk about bad, what about the Mets? They look even worse than last year. They didnt even get Micheal Bourn. He went to the Indians even though the Mets offered him the same amount of money.

Well... I do not know how much the Mets ownership bamboozled the city of New York....but the fleecing that Loria has done to both MLB and the two cities he has had a team in has been of biblical portions.

He is as hated here as Art Modell was hated in Cleveland....and Cleveland lucked out because he left the city. Loria's live carcass is still IN MIAMI stinking up the joint with that smug as $h!7 smile of his.

...I think I need a bath now. Feel dirty just talking about that moron.

Oh I beg to differ my friend... you have PLENTY of competition in the "I hate Loria" campaign from myself and ICE. ...LOL!:rant:;)

EDIT: I know Rey is not a hateful guy... but I am sure he deeply dislikes Loria as well... LOL!

Dude... atleast you still have a team. One more bone headed move and I bet MLB will force Loria and mini-me to sell the team. bright side is the new owner can't be any worse.

Dude... atleast you still have a team. One more bone headed move and I bet MLB will force Loria and mini-me to sell the team. bright side is the new owner can't be any worse.

That is very true and ONLY true because of the way MLB is structured to where the Marlins have pocketed almost $30-$50 million PER YEAR. IF that luxury tax was not in place, Underwear Stain(my new name for Loria), would have high tailed out of Miami to be where he REALLY wants to put a team, Las Vegas.

I'm getting a sneaky feeling that we are in for a surprise-filled season. Things could just wind up that the "favored" teams will be outshone by the late upstarts and alleged "sleepers".

I'm getting a sneaky feeling that we are in for a surprise-filled season. Things could just wind up that the "favored" teams will be outshone by the late upstarts and alleged "sleepers".

And NO.... you CANNOT have Giancarlo Staton for atleast another 2 years..!!!! :rant::p

OK, just called the nice people @ DTV and asked for a $70 credit for the difference between MLB-TV and EI. Turns out that last season they gave me $10 off for 12 months which is still in effect, so they could not give me another "package credit". However, the nice fella named Daniel took a year off of my DVR rental and that amounts to $98...so I made out on the deal by a few bucks! So, for the 2nd year in a row without any hassle I was able to get DTV to match the MLB-TV price. ;)

I don't care if it's Dodger Blue or Angel Red...that boy is bound for SoCal sooner or later.

Unless Loria can pull a Leprechan out his a$$(...keep all comments as clean as possible ... LOL!:p ), he is Cali bound when his contract is over or if some Southern California team offers a presidents ransom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCAA Tournament "First Round"

Baseball Project Montreal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)