MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really and truly hope the JV in Miami do well for the sake of those kids egos.

I agree. The same for the new-to-the-AL Astros who are picked to be lower than whale dung at the bottom of the ocean this year. These kids need some really strong support from within. I wish them all well.

I agree. The same for the new-to-the-AL Astros who are picked to be lower than whale dung at the bottom of the ocean this year. These kids need some really strong support from within. I wish them all well.

While I am sad to see them go to the AL, I am glad the NL Central doesn't have 6 teams anymore. The most of any division.

Unless Loria can pull a Leprechan out his a$$(...keep all comments as clean as possible ... LOL!:p ), he is Cali bound when his contract is over or if some Southern California team offers a presidents ransom.

i heard an interview this morning with loria. this guy never does a live interview,its so lame. anyway when he "answered" the question about the marlin fans he says, "well we believe the fans in washington....... in miami are great". :facepalm . didn't think i could dislike the douche anymore but wait, i do..........

Last edited:
He was acting like he was retiring or something when he couldn't even talk. Also I thought it was funny when he said they were going to make the playoffs. LOL

Just think, that amount of money will be tops ONLY till the teams decide to extend Kershaw or Verlander.

Personally, I think nether one will get it because that is a ton of a money to give a guy that only plays every 3 or 4 days. I think teams/GMs will realize this.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A PERFECT sign of things to come... Giancarlo Stanton got beaned in the head in the very 1st live BP he took.... FML!

News literally EVERY publication in the free world... :(

I want to know if any games will be on FTA.

Personally, I think nether one will get it because that is a ton of a money to give a guy that only plays every 3 or 4 days. I think teams/GMs will realize this.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Next year when the top pitcher is paid, they will be WAY over 200M

Miami's year is just starting off terribly. Catcher Jeff Mathis broke his collar bone on a foul tipped ball in yesterday's 1st game of ST. He is out 6-8 weeks allegedly. Tough break. He is a nice kid whom I always liked when he was a Halo.

Curtis Granderson out 8-10 weeks with broken forearm HBP. Too bad. I like that guy alot!

Oh man,
I like Granderson as well.
I think hes a lot better player than he gets credit for.

Personally, I liked him much better before he decided to become a HR hitter.

The BIGGEST Ass-Clown in ALL of professional sport took out a full page add in all of South Florida's major newspapers. Here is that moron's so-called "explination" of what happened: WORD FOR WORD...

I will comment MORE after I left this simmer and marinate. Right now, it is VERY difficult to not swear as I read this and type this.

LETTER TO OUR FANS

It's no secret that last season was not our best -- actually it was one of our worst. In large part, our performance on the field stunk and something needed to be done. As a result of some bold moves, many grabbed hold of our tough yet necessary decision only to unleash a vicious cycle of negativity. As the owner of the ballclub, the buck stops with me and I take my share of the blame where it's due. However, many of the things being said about us are simply not true. I've sat by quietly and allowed this to continue. Now it's time for me to respond to our most important constituents, the fans who love the game of baseball.

THE ROSTER

Losing is unacceptable to me. It's incumbant upon us to take swift action and make bold moves when there are glaring problems. The controversial trade we made with the Toronto Blue Jays was approved by Commissioner Bud Selig and has been almost universally celebrated by baseball experts outside of Miami for its value. We hope, with an open mind, our community can reflect on the fact that we had one of the worst records in baseball. Acquiring high-profile players just didn't work, and nearly everyone on our team underperformed as compared to their career numbers. Our plan for the year ahead is to leverage our young talent and create a homegrown roster of long-term players who can win. In fact, objective experts have credited us with going from the 28th ranked Minor League system in baseball to the 5th best during this period. Of the Top 100 Minor Leaguers rated by MLB Network, we have six -- tied for the most of any team in the league. We'll evaluate this roster and possibly bring in additional talent based on our assessment of what we need. The very same naysayers who are currently skeptical once attacked us for bringing Pudge Rodriguez to the Marlins in 2003. More than any other, that move contributed to our World Series Championship.

THE BALLPARK

The ballpark issue has been repeatedly reported incorrectly and there are some very negative accustations being thrown around. It ain't true, folks. Those who have attacked us are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. The majority of public funding came from hotel taxes, the burden of which is incurred by tourists who are visiting our city, NOT the resident taxpayers. The Marlins organization also agreed to contribute $161.2 million toward the ballpark, plus the cost of the garage complex. In addition, the Marlins receive no operating subsidy from local government funding. The ballpark required that all debt service is paid by existing revenue. Furthermore, many are attacking the County's method of financing for its contribution, but the Marlins had nothing at all to do with that. The fact is, with your help, we built Marlins Park, a crown jewel in our beautiful Miami skyline, which has won over twenty design and architecture awards and will help make us a premiere ballclub moving forward.

OUR FINANCES

The simple fact is that we don't have unlimited funds, nor does any baseball team or business. Fans didn't turn out last season as much as we'd like, even with the high-profile players the columnists decry us having traded. The main ingredient to a successful ball club is putting together a winning team, including a ncecessary core of young talent. Are we fiscally capable and responsible enough to fill the roster with talented players, invest in the daily demands of running a world-class organization and bring a World Series back to Miami? Absolutely! Is it sound business sense to witness an expensive roster with a terrible record and sit idly by doing nothing? No. I can and will invest in building a winner, but last season wasn't sustainable and we needed to start from scratch quickly to build this team from the ground up.

COMMUNICATION

An organization is only as good as its connection with the community. We know we can do a better job communicating with our fans. That starts now. From this point forward we can ensure fans and the entire community that we will keep you abreast of our plan, rationale and motivations.

Amidst the current news coverage, it an be easy to forget how far we went together not so long ago. In 2003, I helped bring a second World Series Title to South Florida. We know how to build a winning team, and have every intention of doing so again. I know you share my passion for great Marlins baseball, my love of MIami and my desire to win again. We're in this together and I humbly ask that we start fresh, watch us mature qjuickly as a ball club, and root for the home team in 2013.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Loria

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish...-lorias-letter-to-our-fans.html#storylink=cpy

The BIGGEST Ass-Clown in ALL of professional sport took out a full page add in all of South Florida's major newspapers. Here is that moron's so-called "explination" of what happened: WORD FOR WORD...

I will comment MORE after I left this simmer and marinate. Right now, it is VERY difficult to not swear as I read this and type this.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish...-lorias-letter-to-our-fans.html#storylink=cpy

this douche is an arrogant a-hole who also appears to be delusional. talking about how people were congratulating him at the wine and cheese festival for his off-season moves and begging him for his autograph.

this guy is all about me me ME ME!!!! takes credit for stuff he doesn't do and throws his own guys under a 18 WHEELER (not a bus) for his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCAA Tournament "First Round"

Baseball Project Montreal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)