MLB 2023 Season

He’s only 67.
First time I retired, it was the year I turned 52 four years ago, back to work now, not because of money, trying to get out of my funk, but my contract is up next year and I will go back to being retired.

He might need the money or one of those that wants more $$$ or just likes to work.

First time I retired, it was the year I turned 52 four years ago, back to work now, not because of money, trying to get out of my funk, but my contract is up next year and I will go back to being retired.

He might need the money or one of those that wants more $$$ or just likes to work.
I can't even count how many times Mike Francesa (Former WFAN radio host) retired!

As a Twins fan I will say the latter. How many baseball announcers just keep announcing til they die or just can’t do it?
He’s moving to a new position at the Twins although it is going to be weird to not hear him next season.

As a Twins fan I will say the latter. How many baseball announcers just keep announcing til they die or just can’t do it?
Ernie Harwell of the Tigers came close, up until he was 84, died 8 years later.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
yep.....was rooting for the D-backs the whole way, shame they didn't win.
my favorite team though (Marlins) didn't get past the WC, lost both those games to Philly

Ohtani’s contract is differed so he’s getting 2 million a year until he retires and then the Dodgers have to pay out.
Which is also screwing the Sal Cap ...

And WHY is it that After that deal, the league came out and said "No one can do that?"

Yet they let the Dodgers get away with it .... :confused:

It use to be that the League had to OK every deal .... guess thats Not the case any more.

Which is also screwing the Sal Cap ...

And WHY is it that After that deal, the league came out and said "No one can do that?"

Yet they let the Dodgers get away with it .... :confused:

It use to be that the League had to OK every deal .... guess thats Not the case any more.
It will hurt them later, specially when the new TV Contracts are to be negotiated, the money will not be there that they are used to.

If ratings continue to decline as they have for the last six years, the Dodgers ( and all of MLB) will be hurting when it is time to pay the deal, because there is no way Fox will sign another $5 Billion a year contract ( up in 2028), specially for a World Series that only averaged 4 Million Households watching ( out of 131 Million).

RSN drama will be over by then also, who knows how much they will get for a new local deal, right now they are getting $196 Million a year, but only averaging 120,000 Households watching on SportsNet LA, out of 4.95 Million Households in the LA Metro Area.