MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports are saying that veteran infielder Ronny Cedeno is heading to the Cardinals, whose regular shortstop Rafael Furcal is coming off a torn elbow ligament http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...cle_25b7f0ef-2f0f-5f11-800b-28f5a9b2533c.html I don't like this they should go after the guy from the Indians Cabrera they tried to get earlier this winter :)

I was hoping that the Tigers would go after Cabrera from the Indians to fill thier hole at SS, but haven't seen much talk about that of late ...
Tigers have thier eye on some guy I've never heard of that was with the Braves minor league, that got moved in the Upton deal.

Who? I can't look at that link.

New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez has hired an attorney and is denying involvement after his name -- along with other baseball players like Melky Cabrera, Nelson Cruz and Gio Gonzalez -- appeared on lists obtained by the Miami New Times from an anti-aging clinic in Miami that allegedly dispensed performance-enhancing drugs.

The names were on records Miami New Times said were given to it by an employee who worked at Biogenesis of America before it closed last month. Miami New Times reported that the records show the firm sold performance-enhancing drugs, including human growth hormone, testosterone and anabolic steroids.

Anthony Bosch, the 49-year-old head of the clinic, was connected to Manny Ramirez when the former MLB star was suspended for 50 games for violating baseball's drug policy in 2009. Bosch has never been charged by local or federal officials.

Olney: Yanks done with A-Rod?

OlneyAlex Rodriguez has admitted to PED use from 2001-03, but he's now stuck in another drug controversy, writes Buster Olney. Blog Insider

• Durrett: Rangers' options

Miami New Times said it conducted a three-month investigation before releasing its 5,400-word story online on Tuesday.

When Arod said he stopped when he went to the Yankees I posted here that I didn't believe him. I'm starting to believe that he used for many years . What a mess this is to baseball. It's so unfair to the fans of the game.

When Arod said he stopped when he went to the Yankees I posted here that I didn't believe him. I'm starting to believe that he used for many years . What a mess this is to baseball. It's so unfair to the fans of the game.

So true and I believe he has been using till this day and the day he tried to apologize you could tell he was lying and Baseball needs to clean this up now and fast :)

Looks like the Yanks are gunning to void Arod's contact due to the latest PED accusations. I dont agree witht this as it was the Yankees who gave him the contact in the first place. Besides they want out of the contact because of the $$$ involved and not because of his play on the field.

Totally against this... a contact is a contract! Don't like em then you shouldnt have signed him. Hopefully this saga will deter other clubs to give out
rediculous contracts

Cheers, K

Looks like the Yanks are gunning to void Arod's contact due to the latest PED accusations. I dont agree witht this as it was the Yankees who gave him the contact in the first place. Besides they want out of the contact because of the $$$ involved and not because of his play on the field.

Totally against this... a contact is a contract! Don't like em then you shouldnt have signed him. Hopefully this saga will deter other clubs to give out
rediculous contracts

Cheers, K

I totally agree. IF he had been killing it with the glove and the bat, they would not have even hinted at touching his contract.

I agree with this also and A-Rod needs to be out of baseball and any player that have been caught doing it :)

With all the emphasis on drug testing in MLB.. I wouldnt be surprised if someone got away with using a corked bat thoughout the entire season.....that folks is some good ol' fashion cheatin'

Cheers, K

OK, Super Bowl is over...the trucks are moving South to Florida and West to Arizona. I can almost smell the freshly cut grass and here the crack of the bats and the snap of the gloves!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)