MLB 2012 Postseason

I only get more done before 10AM than most people get done all day when I haven't yet gone to bed from the previous evening.

I usually get up early and go to bed late so Im like a zombie when I wake up. Its my own fault.

I give credit to the Cards. They dont have a lot of household names but they get the job done with what they got. Storen looked completely shot last night. What is it about closers in the postseason? Storen, Nathan, Brad Lidge. It seems like closers cant close the game in the playoffs. The Cards have guts. They showed a lot of fire, something I wish the Mets and Bill, Im sure you wish, the Red Sox would have. I personally wanted to see the Nats because I think people are sick of St. Louis. Honestly, I think people wanted Orioles/A's and Nats/Reds just for some new blood. It seems like its the same old same old in both LCS'.

Ouch. Cano lined one off him hard. I hope he is ok. 2 innings in a row Peralta has made great plays to end the inning with the bases loaded.

Fister looks shaky so far. And that pitch count would bother me. Peralta made two very good plays. Good defense by him.

Fist doesn't look sharp tonight, but I sure hope he finds a groove. I still can't help but this how Verlander would be starting tonight had Valverde taken care of business during game 4. Let's go Tigers!

I agree. IMO, JV is the best pitcher in baseball, and he is capable of going games 1-4-7 in a series, if necessary. He's a throwback.

Turns out that liner was off Fister's wrist. I'm really surprised he is able to keep pitching after that. I did notice that he put on long sleeves between innings.

The pitch count is rising early. Nice quick inning but we are going to need a few solid innings from the bull pen tonight.

With all due respect to the newer franchises, it's something special when two "traditional" franchises like the Yankees and Tigers hook up in October. :)

I agree that he was out, but it was very close and the call could have easily gone the other way. Regardless, the Tigers are living dangerously right now.

Thats true. We have the luxury of replays and different angles and stuff where the Umpires have to make a bang bang play.

With all due respect to the newer franchises, it's something special when two "traditional" franchises like the Yankees and Tigers hook up in October. :)

Thats true Bill but you hope the Yankees dont win!!

Thats true Bill but you hope the Yankees dont win!!

I know you're saying that because I'm a Red Sox fan, but it's just not true. Yes, I'm rooting for the Tigers, but I'm not rooting against the Yankees. The Tigers are near and dear to my heart for a few reasons....They were the first team I ever saw in person (Fenway Park, April 1974), and I saw them many more times over the years (I used to emulate John Wockenfuss' batting stance :)). Most importantly, they have a very passionate fanbase on here, and I think that's awesome. I've never "hated" the Yankees, but have always respected them.

Always nice to see the GOOD things NFL players do

Report: NBC Universal front-runner US EPL television rights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)