MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
well sadly this week I'm assuming most of the country gets that damn "subway series" crap shoved down our throats

so lets see this weeks games on the "Fox game :rolleyes: of the week"
Royals-Pirates
Dodgers-Mariners
Indians-Cardinals
Rays-Marlins
Mets-Yankees

so 2 AL central teams are on the game of the week yet we in Minneapolis get the f***ing Skankees/Mutts shoved down our throat

so lets see this weeks games on the "Fox game :rolleyes: of the week"
Royals-Pirates
Dodgers-Mariners
Indians-Cardinals
Rays-Marlins
Mets-Yankees

so 2 AL central teams are on the game of the week yet we in Minneapolis get the f***ing Skankees/Mutts shoved down our throat

Amen and love what you called skankees and mutts :D :)

The much vilified Jarrod Saltalamacchia's offensive numbers project to 32 homers and 78 RBI to go along with his .278 batting average. For a guy who slumped so badly last September that he no longer looked like a major league batter, that is truly amazing. Saltalamacchia and Kelly Shoppach project to a combined 38 homers and 98 RBI from the catcher's spot in the batting order, even after adjusting for Salty's 2 run, pinch hit homer last week. Only the White Sox, with A.J. Pierzynski having a career year, project to get more offense out of their catching position.

The much vilified Jarrod Saltalamacchia's offensive numbers project to 32 homers and 78 RBI to go along with his .278 batting average. For a guy who slumped so badly last September that he no longer looked like a major league batter, that is truly amazing. Saltalamacchia and Kelly Shoppach project to a combined 38 homers and 98 RBI from the catcher's spot in the batting order, even after adjusting for Salty's 2 run, pinch hit homer last week. Only the White Sox, with A.J. Pierzynski having a career year, project to get more offense out of their catching position.

I'm VERY content with the Red Sox catching situation, and that's something I coudn't say two years ago. Heck, I was yearning for the days of the Dave Valle/Damon Berryhill platoon then.

Damn Angels just wet the bed again! Coulda been 3.5 games behind the Rangers but blew a big lead against the lowly Mariners. The good thing is that the have found their hitting. They are seriously scoring runs. Now pitching and defense have gone South.

Strasmas report:
Code:
Pitcher:    IP   H  R ER BB  SO HR  PC-ST   ERA 
S Strasburg 6.0  4  2  2  2  13  0  119-75  2.41

Surrendering two earned runs in six innings means his ERA goes up..

Interesting.

Previous no hitters against the LA Dodgers and look how the Dodgers finished those seasons

August 9, 1976 John Candelaria Pittsburgh Pirates
Finish in second with a 92-70 record - Tied for the 3rd best record in the NL

September 26, 1981Nolan Ryan Houston Astros
Won World Series

September 16, 1988 Tom Browning Cincinnati Reds
Won World Series

July 28, 1991 Dennis Martínez Montreal Expos
3rd best record in the NL with a 93-69 record - Finished 1 game behind the Braves

April 8, 1994 Kent Mercker Atlanta Braves

Strike season but officially finished in first place - NL West Champs

So every season they were no hit they had some of the best records in baseball. 2 of the 5 seasons they won the world series and 3 of the 5 they finished in 1st and were NL West Champs. The other two seasons they finished in 2nd.

As strange as this sounds, I feel no-hitters by committee are TOUGHER. You can tell when a pitcher has great stuff after 2 innings. You have NO CLUE what a relief pitcher is gonna bring. Makes that game more pressure packed.

As strange as this sounds, I feel no-hitters by committee are TOUGHER. You can tell when a pitcher has great stuff after 2 innings. You have NO CLUE what a relief pitcher is gonna bring. Makes that game more pressure packed.

Especially in a one run game like that one.

A fine game being played between Washington and Boston. However, there seems to be too much self-importance and self-absorbancy going on in the Sox broadcast booth as Orsillo was hemming and hawwing early on whether or not to wear eye black to cut down the glare. He finally did gave Jerry apply it in the 5th and has been carrying on about it ever since. Did he apply enough? Can he apply too much? WTF? Is this their little way of protesting interleague games or what? I thought he was far too professional to put himself before the game...especially one that has been played rather well.

Cutch got robbed today. Hopefully it doesn't affect the outcome of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)