MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kershaw only pitches 3 innings and calls it a game. He doesn't give up any runs, but it was amazing he could even pitch 1 inning, let alone 3. On top of that he doubles to drain even more energy from his body.
That's why I like National League baseball. The pitchers have to contribute to the offense. Both pitchers in this game got the first hit for their team.

Cincinnati closer Ryan Madsen is out for the year with Tommy John surgery. UGH!

That really stinks. I was very high on Madsen even though he pitched for the Phillies. As far as getting damaged goods, I think that happened when the Mets got Robby Alomar. He was a shell of his former self.

I made it no secret that I wasn't happy with the Bobby Valentine hiring. But I'm willing to give the guy a chance, something that Curt "Blowhard" Schilling is apparently not willing to do. Seriously, can this guy EVER just STFU??!! :mad:
Look on the bright side Curt, when you visit your friends in the Sox clubhouse this season, more chicken and beer for you! :rolleyes:

Bill, lets face it. You got two huge egos in Schilling and Valentine. If Schilling was playing for the Sox now, it would probably be like Reggie Jackson and Billy Martin. Bill, I like the Valentine hiring. Say what you want, but hes a good baseball man.

The Red Sox just announces that closer Andrew Bailey has a thumb injury, so the closer will be either Aceves or Melancon (pronounced, Melanson).

I hope Tim Wakefield is working out somewhere...

Thats really a tough break. Bailey seemed to fit the Sox and was an excellent pick up for them. Too bad, hes injured. I will say Aceves is the closer now and from what Ive heard hes a jack of all trades pitcher and a really good pitcher.

Btw, Ive read 14 pages of this thread and nobody showed the Mets any love?? LOL I have heard that there not half bad but Im not expecting a lot out of them.

One more thing, who were the geniuses that made up the MLB schedule for this year. The A's and Mariners played in Japan last week which counted for MLB regular season. Then, yesterday you have the Marlins play at home against the Cardinals and then today they play AT Cincy.?? Whats that about?

You do not know how happy this picture alone makes me feel

Magic2.PNG

Cincy fans have Miami Union rep John Buck to thank for the 4:05PM start. The Marlins had every right to demand a 7:05PM start due to the late game in Miami the night before. When asked to have a 1:05PM start Buck siad an absolute no because the team (understandably) needed their rest. When presented with the story of the tradition of a day game start after a parade, Buck consulted with the team and a 4:05PM start was granted.

Miami can actually blame ESPN for having the game the night before the REAL opening day game.

That is my one big bitch with EI. So many of the non-Fox stations are not broadcast. We pay more every year and get less choices of broadcast feeds to watch.

I was actually surprised to see Magic sitting with McCourt so soon in public. The sale has not been finalized (although it's a shoe-in) and I would think he'd want to distance himself from McCourt as much as possible until the keys are turned over to him.

Kershaw only pitches 3 innings and calls it a game. He doesn't give up any runs, but it was amazing he could even pitch 1 inning, let alone 3. On top of that he doubles to drain even more energy from his body.

I'd put the "C" on his uniform next game. Nice to see an elite athlete actually show how dedicated he is. You don't see much of that anymore.

I'd put the "C" on his uniform next game. Nice to see an elite athlete actually show how dedicated he is. You don't see much of that anymore.
After the 3rd inning, Mattingly said he went immediately into the clubhouse and fell asleep.

At Angel Stadium and already the air is so electric it is almost overwhelming! A GORGEOUS SoCal night and the opening night of the Pujols Era with the L.A. Angels. I feel like I'm 10 years old right now.:p

I have a dumb question. Instead of getting MLB EI wouldnt it be better just having MLB Network? Dont they show cut-ins and whip around coverage of the games anyway? To me it would just seem better doing that instead of paying x amount of dollars and you cant really enjoy it.

I have a dumb question. Instead of getting MLB EI wouldnt it be better just having MLB Network? Dont they show cut-ins and whip around coverage of the games anyway? To me it would just seem better doing that instead of paying x amount of dollars and you cant really enjoy it.

Maybe if you just want a general idea of what's happening in every game or aren't willing to spend the money. The purpose of EI and MLB.TV is to be able to watch the game you want no matter where you live. I live in my team's territory so I get them through my RSN. As a fantasy baseball nerd and just a baseball fan in general I still pay for MLB.TV so I can watch the games that interest me instead of Yankees and Red Sox games over and over again on ESPN.

MLB Network and MLB EI/MLB.TV are not even close to being equivalent services.

Reds with a nice 9th inning come back.

Well, the Red Sox haven't even finished their third game yet, but Beckett and Buchholtz have already failed as starters and Melancon and Aceves have failed as closers. I think Oswald's asking price just went up.

Update: Red Sox closer Melancon just failed again, and now his record projects to 0-108 with an ERA of 36.00

Red Sox 0-3
Yankees 0-3

Priceless!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)