MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, why is Youk gone? Was it the relationship with Bobby V??

You know, Im getting sick of Swisher. I mean hes a good guy and all but Im sick of his grin all over the place. I mean go back and worry about seeing your very hot wife. Dickey was due a bad game, not too worried about it, though.

Is there a worse team in MLB right now than the Marlins? As Rich just said "They are inventing new ways to lose ballgames!!!!" SAD!

Very surprised that the Marlins are not doing that well. I really thought they would give the Phillies a run for there money.

also since that is the only game on at the time its different

When you have 6 regional games and two of them involve teams from your division yet neither one is on...instead you get what Fox thinks we should get???

Iceberg, Im surprised that you dont get better games. Do you think that they would put a Twins game that Fox has on a sister station? This happened with Connecticut yesterday. The Mets/Yankees were on the local Fox station and the Braves/Red Sox game was on a sister station of Fox.

Back in 1995 or 1996, I replied to a display ad in the classifieds section of my local Sunday newspaper from a company that claimed to have contracted out about 80% of the exhibit display electronics for the then-under-construction Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They were looking for someone to oversee their involvement in the project. That struck me as puzzling because this was the largest A/V contractor in my market, Washington, DC, and it was known to have the largest and most prestigious clients here.

The guy who called me for the interview sounded like he wanted to hire me on the spot, which surprised me since, even though I'm a can-do guy, that quality cannot be discerned from my resume, which was "thin", since I have basically worked for myself for about 90% of my working life.

When I came in for my interview, the same guy looked at my resume and basically asked, "What in hell are you doing, applying for this job?". At first, I thought this was being conducted as a stress test interview, where the interviewer is using the interview to see how the interviewee handles confrontations. I handle them quite well, thank you, but it did me no good. This "interview" lasted less than five minutes. There is a saying that when it doesn't take much for someone to fall in love with you, it won't take much for them to fall out of love with you, either. Within minutes, this interviewer cut me off in mid sentence and said I clearly wasn't the person for that job, but that they were going to have another opening for another job in engineering and installation and he would have someone else interview me for that job instead, so he called in someone to interview me for a job that didn't exist. About three minutes into that interview, it was my turn to interrupt someone and I said, "Look. I don't know what in hell is going on here, but that other guy decided that, for whatever reason, he wasn't going to consider me for the job he had called me in to interview for, and now you're stuck trying to cover up for his screw-up. I can see that there is no job for me here and so there is no point in wasting my time or yours." He half-nodded, and I left.

A year or two later, I read an article in a trade journal that was apparently written by the project supervisor that had been hired instead of me, bragging about her company's involvement in the project. I was pleased to observe that the writer of the article was a moron.

Good for you!! Someone trying to cover there own butt and trying to make you like an idiot. What I highlighted was how did you know that the job didnt exist?

I have always argued that Cain is a better pitcher than Lincecum and if the Giants were going to shell out money to keep only one pitcher it has to be Cain. I've made this argument prior to this year

Lincecum is having a lousy year. I think hes 2-8. Imagine if Lincecum was Lincecum of a couple of years ago.

I didn't see Cain's performance the other night, so can't say one way or another if it was the greatest. The greatest performance I've ever seen, was Pedro Martinez on a Friday night (circa 1999?) in Yankee Stadium (and that includes both of Roger Clemen's 20 K's games). Pedro was absolutely en fuego that evening!

Bill, I think Pedro in the late 90s was always en fuego. I mean he was just so dominant. If he had a Schilling or a Randy Johnson with him back then, I think they would have won the world series a lot earlier than they did, in my opinon.

If David Wright didn't botch two fielding plays, last night, there might have been two perfect games in one night.

Dont remind me. I wish Dickey would have gotten the no hitter but thats ok, I'll live with the one hitter. Has had a good year, with the exception of tonight.

I say this with all due respect...

The Mets have got to stop dragging what is left of Ralph Kiner out and plopping him in a chair in the broadcast booth to "color" an inning or two. He is almost totally unlistenable. His speech is so slurred he cannot be clearly understood. And he is so sadly living in the past mentioning people who even middle-aged listeners never heard of. I realize he is a hero in the eyes of many and a connection to a period in baseball that is long gone. However, there comes a time when it becomes an embarrassment to one's image. Mr. Kiner is well passed that time.

KCK, I think Kiner represents the old school of the Mets. Remember Kiner, Lindsey Nielson and Bob Murphy did the Mets games in there first year in 1962, so I think he bridges the gap between the old school Met fans and the new ones.

Bill, why is Youk gone? Was it the relationship with Bobby V??

Youk became expendable when rookie phenom, Will Middlebrooks started to tear the cover off the ball. Also, Youk has had his share of injury woes the last few years.

I think there going to miss Youk. He reminds me of that club house leader, tough as nails type of a guy. But if Middlebrooks is tearing the cover off the ball, what can you do?

I think there going to miss Youk. He reminds me of that club house leader, tough as nails type of a guy. But if Middlebrooks is tearing the cover off the ball, what can you do?

You'll know more about the Club House leader now that he's gone.
It's VERY clear that the Club House Leader in Detroit is Victor Martinez and you see whats happening there now that he's been out for the season, so far.

There is talk that he is ahead of schedule on his recovery and should be back late in the year, that would be a HUGE help to the Tigers, IF they are anywhere close to the top of the division at that point of the season.

Iceberg, Im surprised that you dont get better games. Do you think that they would put a Twins game that Fox has on a sister station?
they can't. If the Twins are on during that time (as they are this coming Saturday) we get them.

This happened with Connecticut yesterday. The Mets/Yankees were on the local Fox station and the Braves/Red Sox game was on a sister station of Fox.
That is a unique situation as both teams are playing and the goofyness of the TV markets there. Its only when the Red Sox and either the Yankees or Mets are on at same time that is allowed to happen (the other game on the CW in Hartford)

Ever since Inter-league play started the Pirates record against the A.L. teams sucked, IMO they did good this year. Lets look at their record this year.

Tigers 3 and 3

Twins 2 and 1

Royals 3 and 0

Indians 2 and 1

Orioles 0 and 3

One bad series not bad IMO

Back in 1995 or 1996, I replied to a display ad in the classifieds section of my local Sunday newspaper from a company that claimed to have contracted out about 80% of the exhibit display electronics for the then-under-construction Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

When I came in for my interview, the same guy looked at my resume and basically asked, "What in hell are you doing, applying for this job?"....Within minutes, this interviewer cut me off in mid sentence and said I clearly wasn't the person for that job, but that they were going to have another opening for another job in engineering and installation and he would have someone else interview me for that job instead, so he called in someone to interview me for a job that didn't exist....

Good for you!! Someone trying to cover their own butt and trying to make you like an idiot. What I highlighted was how did you know that the job didn't exist?

It wasn't too hard to see the writing on the wall.

Interviewer #1: "(AntAltMike) came here to be interviewed for the Rock and Roll Hall of fame project coordinator job, but I'd like you to interview him for that installation job you're going to be hiring for.

Would be interviewer #2: "Huh?"

Interviewer #1: "You know, we're going to be needing some engineering and installation work done on (alludes to another project) and I think (AntAltMike) might be a better fit for that.

Interviewer #2. "Uh, OK. (turns to me) Tell me about yourself."

It didn't get any better.

It wasn't too hard to see the writing on the wall.

Interviewer #1: "(AntAltMike) came here to be interviewed for the Rock and Roll Hall of fame project coordinator job, but I'd like you to interview him for that installation job you're going to be hiring for.

Would be interviewer #2: "Huh?"

Interviewer #1: "You know, we're going to be needing some engineering and installation work done on (alludes to another project) and I think (AntAltMike) might be a better fit for that.

Interviewer #2. "Uh, OK. (turns to me) Tell me about yourself."

It didn't get any better.
It works the other way too. I applied for an engineering job, and got interviewed for the manager job based on my resume. We couldn't come to terms on vacation time, so I declined.

Youk became expendable when rookie phenom, Will Middlebrooks started to tear the cover off the ball. Also, Youk has had his share of injury woes the last few years.

In Chicago, White Sox GM Kenny Williams said with a smile that he couldn't tell reporters what Youkilis said to him on the phone.

"He wants to come in and he wants to prove some people wrong," Williams said.

You get one guess who that is. But somebody had to play the bad guy and that was Valentine's job.

The White Sox come into Fenway for a four game series starting 7/16. Should be interesting....

The tough trade that had to be made - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Ever since Inter-league play started the Pirates record against the A.L. teams sucked, IMO they did good this year. Lets look at their record this year.

Tigers 3 and 3

Twins 2 and 1

Royals 3 and 0

Indians 2 and 1

Orioles 0 and 3

One bad series not bad IMO

Maybe the Pirates should move to the AL, next season, instead of the Astros. ;)

Kevin Youkilis got his first hit as a member of the White Sox tonight, an eighth inning single. He batted second, leading me to suspect that the White Sox have a Clydesdale lineup, so I checked and see that four of the five players in the heart of their batting order have zero stolen bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts